Another Ancestry Visa question

Old Mar 20th 2017, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

Cockneykiwi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Another Ancestry Visa question

My wife, will shortly be applying for her Ancestry Visa. I have some questions I hope someone can help me with.
One of the application form questions asks if you have children, will they be travelling with you and to include their PP details. My children, who are British citizens will be travelling with my wife, however they currently only have their NZ passports as their UK pp have expired. Does it matter to include their NZ PP details on the Visa application form or does it have to be a UK PP? I had planned to apply for their UK PP's once they arrive in the UK, as it's much cheaper than getting them in Australia (they will be travelling on return tickets).

Another question asks for evidence that you intend to work in the UK. What sort of evidence do they require?

Also, I see NZ and Australian citizens now have to pay the IHS. At which point in the application process is this paid?

Thanks for your help.
Old Mar 21st 2017, 3:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another Ancestry Visa question

It is many (20!!) years since I applied for an Ancestry Visa. I recall that I included a copy of my CV. I think I also included a statement about the industry journal I had access to and stated several positions to which I intended to apply...or something like that.

I sweated over this for days. I received my passport with visa stamp within five days of applying.

Good luck for this exciting journey!
Old Mar 21st 2017, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
It is many (20!!) years since I applied for an Ancestry Visa. I recall that I included a copy of my CV. I think I also included a statement about the industry journal I had access to and stated several positions to which I intended to apply...or something like that.

I sweated over this for days. I received my passport with visa stamp within five days of applying.

Good luck for this exciting journey!
Thanks for sharing your experience and for your good luck wishes. It is certainly a stressful experience! Months ago, before applying I had read all sorts of information regarding Visas but reviewing the posts now we're applying none of them answer my specific question. Hopefully others will share their experiences as well.

Cheers.
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

poida is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cockneykiwi
My wife, will shortly be applying for her Ancestry Visa. I have some questions I hope someone can help me with.
One of the application form questions asks if you have children, will they be travelling with you and to include their PP details. My children, who are British citizens will be travelling with my wife, however they currently only have their NZ passports as their UK pp have expired. Does it matter to include their NZ PP details on the Visa application form or does it have to be a UK PP? I had planned to apply for their UK PP's once they arrive in the UK, as it's much cheaper than getting them in Australia (they will be travelling on return tickets).

Another question asks for evidence that you intend to work in the UK. What sort of evidence do they require?

Also, I see NZ and Australian citizens now have to pay the IHS. At which point in the application process is this paid?

Thanks for your help.
Hi mate,

Again with my ancestry application I did 3 years ago, I included my Aussie born son on my application so that he was included on my visa. But I reckon (and I'm not 100% sure) if your kids don't need to be on the mum's visa then leave them off the application? Might just confuse things when they're processing it. Technically they're travelling with you right?

As for evidence of work, I registered for a few online job portals (reed etc) and got a mate in the UK to write a refusal letter for a job application to show I was actively applying for jobs.

Don't know anything about IHS, I guess I was lucky to avoid that one.

Hope that helps.
Old Mar 25th 2017, 11:35 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

I would renew your children's British passports before you travel to avoid any potential problems at the UK border. Return tickets will count for little if their parents are moving to the UK since they are unlikely to be return to NZ by themselves. Since the repatriation of passport applications to the UK the difference in fees is now minimal.
Old May 6th 2017, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your help above. We have now received the kids' UK Passports, which was an unbelievably quick process given that we applied from Australia.

My wife is now in the process of completing her Ancestry Visa application but some of the questions are a little confusing and we're worried giving the wrong answer will cause her application to be rejected. I'm hoping someone one this forum has recently completed the application so we may be able to get some guidance from them or, if anyone knows of a website that gives some help in completing the form.

Cheers.

Last edited by Cockneykiwi; May 6th 2017 at 11:46 am.
Old May 6th 2017, 12:38 pm
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cockneykiwi
Thanks for your help above. We have now received the kids' UK Passports, which was an unbelievably quick process given that we applied from Australia.

My wife is now in the process of completing her Ancestry Visa application but some of the questions are a little confusing and we're worried giving the wrong answer will cause her application to be rejected. I'm hoping someone one this forum has recently completed the application so we may be able to get some guidance from them or, if anyone knows of a website that gives some help in completing the form.

Cheers.
Maybe if you posted what questions you are confused about, someone can help you. Don't think anyone here is a mind reader.