Ancestry visa help - had a baby.

Old Sep 27th 2017, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

Heaths79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ancestry visa help - had a baby.

Hi,
Hoping someone can offer some help, I'm on a UK Ancestry visa and had a baby, does this impact my visa if I choose not to return to work??
Do I need to apply for ILR as have been here for 6+ years. An am Aussie citizen.
Hope this makes sense and any advice appreciated!
Thanks
Old Sep 27th 2017, 3:07 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ancestry visa help - had a baby.

An ancestry visa is only valid for five years. When does your current visa expire? Which visa(s) did you hold before?
Old Sep 27th 2017, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
An ancestry visa is only valid for five years. When does your current visa expire? Which visa(s) did you hold before?
My current visa (a renewed ancestry visa) expires in about 4 years. I have been here for over 6 years, thanks.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Heaths79
Hi,
Hoping someone can offer some help, I'm on a UK Ancestry visa and had a baby, does this impact my visa if I choose not to return to work??
Do I need to apply for ILR as have been here for 6+ years. An am Aussie citizen.
Hope this makes sense and any advice appreciated!
Thanks
As you did not have Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the UK while your child was born, the child is not entitle to British Citizenship at this stage. You will need to get an Australian passport for the child.

You can apply for ILR using form SET(O) if you met the conditions set out in the guidance notes. Please see links below for details -

https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/...-ancestry-visa

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...e-uk-form-seto
Old Sep 27th 2017, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=HKG3;12348143]As you did not have Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the UK while your child was born, the child is not entitle to British Citizenship at this stage. You will need to get an Australian passport for the child.

You can apply for ILR using form SET(O) if you met the conditions set out in the guidance notes. Please see links below for details -

Hi
I'mnot concerned about my baby having citizenship as her father is British and she already has a passport. What I want to know if is there a problem being a stay at home mum while on a UK Ancestry visa?
Thanks
Old Sep 27th 2017, 10:41 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Providing you have been working or looking for work until now then you should be eligible for Indefinite Leave to Remain. If you have had a baby then you should apply immediately.

https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk
Old Sep 29th 2017, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Providing you have been working or looking for work until now then you should be eligible for Indefinite Leave to Remain. If you have had a baby then you should
Can I not stay on my current visa until it is due to expire? I have worked for 6+ years and am currently employes but due to resign.
Many thanks
Old Sep 29th 2017, 3:52 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Can I not stay on my current visa until it is due to expire? I have worked for 6+ years and am currently employes but due to resign.
Many thanks
If you stop working, and stop looking for work, you're violating the conditions of your visa. It's a working visa, not a settlement visa. Take BiP's advice.
Old Sep 29th 2017, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
If you stop working, and stop looking for work, you're violating the conditions of your visa. It's a working visa, not a settlement visa. Take BiP's advice.
Ah ok thanks. Just wanted to understand it.
Thanks
Old Sep 30th 2017, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah ok thanks. Just wanted to understand it.
Thanks
You do not have to be employed ful time, can be part time and you can also register as self employed if you have some thing you can do yourself. Also on leaving your current job, if you can show you are actively looking for new work, for example part time, as you had a baby, that also complies with the Ancestry visa requirements. I expect you may be entited to some maternity leave also during this time.

However the best advice from BIP is to apply for ILR now as you can show you have been employed and fulfilled the conditions of your ancestry visa. With ILR you are free to not work. I think you would need to take life in the Uk test though. Have a look at this link.

Life in the UK test for British citizenship |