Am I a Sponsor Category A for Spouse Visa Application?

Old Feb 16th 2018, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

AG_222 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Am I a Sponsor Category A for Spouse Visa Application?

Hi everyone,

I have been working in a company since 2008 as a sports teacher.

I would like to know in which financial requirement category do I fall in? Based on here: https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ment_Final.pdf

I do have an employment letter and monthly payslips but I opted for the 0 hr contract instead of fixed monthly salary. I do make over 18,600 but each month's salary depends on school holidays and breaks as well.

Am I a Category A when it comes to the financial requirement section to tick under?

Also, am I able to show my annual payslips instead of the 3-6 months, so they would know I'm meeting the financial requirement?

Last edited by AG_222; Feb 16th 2018 at 4:04 pm.
Old Feb 16th 2018, 4:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am I a Sponsor Category A for Spouse Visa Application?

You can apply under Cat A as non salaried employment; Section 5.1 of the following document:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ment_Final.pdf

Where the person is in non-salaried employment – the level of gross annual employment income relied upon in the application will be the annual equivalent of the person’s average gross monthly income from non-salaried employment in the 6 months prior to the date of application (where that employment was held throughout that period).
To calculate this annualised average for non-salaried employment in Category A the following calculation should be used:
(Total gross income from employment held throughout the 6 month period, divided by 6) multiplied by 12 = Income from non-salaried employment that can be counted towards the financial requirement.

You need to work out if your income in the 6 months immediately prior to the application add up to an 18,600 GBP annual income.
Old Feb 16th 2018, 6:46 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AG_222
Hi everyone,

I have been working in a company since 2008 as a sports teacher.

I would like to know in which financial requirement category do I fall in? Based on here: https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ment_Final.pdf

I do have an employment letter and monthly payslips but I opted for the 0 hr contract instead of fixed monthly salary. I do make over 18,600 but each month's salary depends on school holidays and breaks as well.

Am I a Category A when it comes to the financial requirement section to tick under?

Also, am I able to show my annual payslips instead of the 3-6 months, so they would know I'm meeting the financial requirement?
Not directly relevant to your question, but can I ask why you chose to have a zero hours contract over permanent employment?
Old Feb 17th 2018, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Not directly relevant to your question, but can I ask why you chose to have a zero hours contract over permanent employment?
Hey, so I can chose my own classes to do and ask for extra classes to teach as that would add to my income, as well as have time to go on holidays and spend time with my family during the weekend

If you're in a fixed salary, you can't ask for extra classes/hours to teach for more income.
Old Feb 17th 2018, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
You can apply under Cat A as non salaried employment; Section 5.1 of the following document:

Where the person is in non-salaried employment – the level of gross annual employment income relied upon in the application will be the annual equivalent of the person’s average gross monthly income from non-salaried employment in the 6 months prior to the date of application (where that employment was held throughout that period).
To calculate this annualised average for non-salaried employment in Category A the following calculation should be used:
(Total gross income from employment held throughout the 6 month period, divided by 6) multiplied by 12 = Income from non-salaried employment that can be counted towards the financial requirement.

You need to work out if your income in the 6 months immediately prior to the application add up to an 18,600 GBP annual income.
This is such great help!! Thank you so muchhh!!

Last edited by AG_222; Feb 17th 2018 at 6:45 am.
Old Feb 17th 2018, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

Wait a sec, if my wedding is in Aug, I would have to take my salary from Mar-Aug 2018 to use as my proof of financial status. However, on months like March and June, schools are usually out for breaks and I would make double or triple during months like Jan, Feb, May, July, Oct so the total annual gross income would meet 18,600. Can't I just show them the entire year's annual income instead or appeal for it?

Last edited by AG_222; Feb 17th 2018 at 7:24 am.
Old Feb 17th 2018, 7:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Change the date of your wedding ?
Old Feb 17th 2018, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scot47
Change the date of your wedding ?
Or submit application at a later date? We can't change our wedding date, invites have been sent out and venue/wedding vendors have been booked.
Old Feb 17th 2018, 2:25 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Or submit application at a later date? We can't change our wedding date, invites have been sent out and venue/wedding vendors have been booked.
A more sensible idea.
Old Feb 17th 2018, 3:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

.... or you could look at applying under

5.3. Category B: Less than 6 months with current employer or variable income – person residing in the UK

With this category you have to prove your a)average income earned over the 6 months immediately prior to the application and b) what you have actually earned over the past 12 months

Read example C.
Old Feb 17th 2018, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

.... or you could look at applying under

5.3. Category B: Less than 6 months with current employer or variable income – person residing in the UK

With this category you have to prove your a)average income earned over the 6 months immediately prior to the application and b) what you have actually earned over the past 12 months

Read example C.
Hmm..

Can I give you a scenario:

I just researched that:

Sponsor’s Latest Payslip cannot exceed 28 days gap from date of submission to UK Embassy. Therefore:

Feb 2,000 (estimation safe target salary)
Mar 2,000 (estimation safe target salary)
Apr 2,000 (estimation safe target salary)
May 3,000 (estimation safe target salary)
Jun 3,000 (estimation safe target salary)
Jul 0.00 (No Salary, Overseas for Wedding. Latest Payslip release July 22nd)
Aug 0.00 (No Salary, Overseas for Honeymoon/Spend time with In Laws. Must send submission before Aug 20th)

Total: 12,000 (6 months) divide by 6 = 2,000
2,000 x 12 = *24,000* (Successfully meet the required amount)

What do you think of this? Will they accept if my Jul & Aug payslips are empty but I still meet the required amount needed?

Last edited by AG_222; Feb 17th 2018 at 5:46 pm.
Old Feb 17th 2018, 8:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hmm..

Can I give you a scenario:

I just researched that:

Sponsor’s Latest Payslip cannot exceed 28 days gap from date of submission to UK Embassy. Therefore:

Feb 2,000 (estimation safe target salary)
Mar 2,000 (estimation safe target salary)
Apr 2,000 (estimation safe target salary)
May 3,000 (estimation safe target salary)
Jun 3,000 (estimation safe target salary)
Jul 0.00 (No Salary, Overseas for Wedding. Latest Payslip release July 22nd)
Aug 0.00 (No Salary, Overseas for Honeymoon/Spend time with In Laws. Must send submission before Aug 20th)

Total: 12,000 (6 months) divide by 6 = 2,000
2,000 x 12 = *24,000* (Successfully meet the required amount)

What do you think of this? Will they accept if my Jul & Aug payslips are empty but I still meet the required amount needed?
The above would cover part 1 of the requirements as per Example C. What about part 2 - your income over the 12 months prior to the application?

That must meet the annual minimum level of 18,600 GBP