accommodation requirements

Old Nov 2nd 2017, 11:46 pm
Just Joined

guy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really nice
Default accommodation requirements

I have a question about accommodation requirements for UK spousal visa.

My wife (UK citizen) and I have been living in US. We have a apartment in UK. No one lives there currently since we bought for our use. When we bought it, we were told it is a lease hold property with 999 years of lease.

We do not have a mortgage on this apartment.

What kind of documentation do we need provide to meet the accommodation requirements for spouse visa?

Also if anyone who has been through similar position and applied for uk spousal visa, can share their experience, it will be appreciated.
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 11:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: accommodation requirements

Proof of purchase documents, deeds for the property , transfer of sale documents ?
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 1:43 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guy_30
.... My wife (UK citizen) and I have been living in US. We have a apartment in UK. No one lives there currently since we bought for our use. When we bought it, we were told it is a lease hold property with 999 years of lease. ....
You were "told" that? I would sincerely hope that the information is documented on the title deeds!
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 2:14 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: accommodation requirements

My wife (UK citizen) and I have been living in US. We have a apartment in UK. No one lives there currently since we bought for our use. When we bought it, we were told it is a lease hold property with 999 years of lease.

What kind of documentation do we need provide to meet the accommodation requirements for spouse visa?

Also if anyone who has been through similar position and applied for uk spousal visa, can share their experience, it will be appreciated.
You can go to www.gov.uk and look up the “Land Registry” section.

You can pay 3.00 pounds (not with Amex though) and it will pull up the names of the owner(s) of the property you are looking up, how much it cost to purchase and the purchase date.

You can print off the results immediately and (I think) they also send a copy to you in the mail. It will accept a US billing address. I’ve just done this for my house in Essex, England, as I was curious to see what info was held at the Land Registry.
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

I believe you can download the land registry document ( title deeds) for a few pounds and if it is in your name/s ( I assume it is) that shows your ownership of the property.

The 999 lease is not an issue as it's common in the UK to have long leases as well as freehold title., It still means you own the property outright. I would put a covering letter noting you own the property/ accommodation and it is vacant for your intended use. Also floor plan, how many rooms for the non overcrowding requirement.

https://www.gov.uk/get-information-a...opies-of-deeds
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

guy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pulaski
You were "told" that? I would sincerely hope that the information is documented on the title deeds!
I check the land registry document and it says 999 year of lease.
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by angie_329
I believe you can download the land registry document ( title deeds) for a few pounds and if it is in your name/s ( I assume it is) that shows your ownership of the property.

The 999 lease is not an issue as it's common in the UK to have long leases as well as freehold title., It still means you own the property outright. I would put a covering letter noting you own the property/ accommodation and it is vacant for your intended use. Also floor plan, how many rooms for the non overcrowding requirement.
I have the land registry document (which was provided by my solicitor) and it says HM land registry on the top corner of the document and below it says 'official copy of register of title'. It has a title number, owners name (my name), purchase date, cost of purchase on it. Can I use this document? or would you recommend to go on the website of uk gov's and get the “Land Registry” document from there.

There is no floor plan in the 999 lease agreement nor in the land registry document which I mentioned about. But when i bought this place from the builder, in the brochure they gave it has the floor plan. Can I just print the floor plan from the brochure and send that? or is there a uk gov's website where i need to get it from?

one more stupid question, is and registry document and title deed same document or different documents?
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 8:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Up to the time I left the UK (2000) we did not use Title companies when purchasing property. All the conveyancing is done by a solicitor.

I would imagine there is not Title document with your property. The deeds are all you need.
Old Nov 4th 2017, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

I have the land registry document (which was provided by my solicitor) and it says HM land registry on the top corner of the document and below it says 'official copy of register of title'. It has a title number, owners name (my name), purchase date, cost of purchase on it. Can I use this document? or would you recommend to go on the website of uk gov's and get the “Land Registry” document from there.

There is no floor plan in the 999 lease agreement nor in the land registry document which I mentioned about. But when i bought this place from the builder, in the brochure they gave it has the floor plan. Can I just print the floor plan from the brochure and send that? or is there a uk gov's website where i need to get it from?

one more stupid question, is and registry document and title deed same document or different documents?
The land registry gov uk is the official body that lists ‘title’ ( ownership) to property and land.
The land registry hold a ‘title register’ that is used to search for the owner of a property and has a number .

Sometimes the land registry holds a copy of the ‘ title deeds’ ( i.e the actual contract / leasehold/ freehold that you signed on purchase ) ... recently with more modern digital conveyancing there are more copies of deeds available on line which you can download.
In the recent past there would have been only one original deed so if lost, problematic.
I found this helpful gov blog about it.

Where are my title deeds, what are they and do I need them? - HM Land Registry HM Land Registry

If a property stands in its own grounds, there should be a plan attached to the deeds outlined in red of the boundaries. If an apartment the red lines outline the position of the apartment boundaries within the block. Sometimes there is sufficient detail to see the number of rooms. This plan is important so check your solicitor has it as they often get lost and are needed for re-sale.

If you don’t have a floor plan use the one on the sale details. If it’s just for you and your wife and you don’t have numerous children it should be fine re the ‘overcrowding’ !
I do not know if the title doc only is accepted by HO, you may wish to play safe and send a copy of the title deeds. If your solicitor gave you the original deeds check that there is an official copy online at the Land registry or you risk losing the original title deeds in the post.

This is the official deeds request form

https://www.gov.uk/get-information-a...opies-of-deeds
Old Nov 4th 2017, 12:43 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

The original title deed is not necessary and although it's best to provide the Land Registry document showing you/your wife as the registered title owners, even that's not strictly necessary.

At the time I made my spouse application the Land Registry title document wasn't available for our recently purchased property, so I supplied a copy of my solicitor's email confirming completion of the purchase, a copy of the Home Buyers survey we'd had done, and a Council tax notice in our name. It was sufficient.

As you've owned the property for some time, the Land Registry title document and a recent Council tax bill should be easy to supply. Those two documents, plus the floor plan you mentioned, should be ample proof that you/your wife own the property - mention in your application that only the two of you will be living there.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Nov 4th 2017 at 12:45 pm.
Old Nov 4th 2017, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

I have looked at the documents and I have land registry and title deed (i.e. 999 year lease agreement between me and builder which is also referred in the land registry). I will make copies of these, get them notarized and send it along with a cover letter stating that we own the property/ accommodation and it is vacant for our intended exclusive use. I will also attached the floor plan which was given to us by the builder to show the number of bedrooms. Just to be on the safe side i will also attach the council bill.

Do i need to also attach the electricity bill?
Old Nov 4th 2017, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have looked at the documents and I have land registry and title deed (i.e. 999 year lease agreement between me and builder which is also referred in the land registry). I will make copies of these, get them notarized and send it along with a cover letter stating that we own the property/ accommodation and it is vacant for our intended exclusive use. I will also attached the floor plan which was given to us by the builder to show the number of bedrooms. Just to be on the safe side i will also attach the council bill.

Do i need to also attach the electricity bill?
Council tax bill should suffice, are both your names on it?
Old Nov 4th 2017, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by angie_329
Council tax bill should suffice, are both your names on it?
The land registry and deed document had both of our names on it. But the council bill (and electric bill) has only my name (i am the applicant) on it. Is this going to be an issue?
Old Nov 5th 2017, 6:07 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

The land registry and deed document had both of our names on it. But the council bill (and electric bill) has only my name (i am the applicant) on it. Is this going to be an issue?
No. You are perfectly entitled to own property for you and your wife to live in. With you named on all the documents and in addition your wife on some of them, there won't be an issue.

Last edited by Pulaski; Nov 5th 2017 at 6:10 pm.
Old Nov 5th 2017, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pulaski
No. You are perfectly entitled to own property for you and your wife to live in. With you named on all the documents and in addition your wife on some of them, there won't be an issue.
Thanks. Appreciate the response.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.