Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Accommodation - Distance from Job // Savings or employment

Accommodation - Distance from Job // Savings or employment

Old Jun 26th 2017, 1:56 pm
UK spouse visa

movingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nice
Default Accommodation - Distance from Job // Savings or employment

Hi - 2 questions i had on my growing list:

1: I currently plan on going down the employment route and using my parents home in the Lake District as my accommodation. Will this be an issue if my Job is going to be in London? (~300+miles away). I plan on moving over then looking for a place down south once moved.

2: I should have the option of the savings route or the employment route. Could anyone indicate if either is preferable to try? Would the process the easier one way or the other?

Thanks - Richard
Old Jun 26th 2017, 2:53 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Accommodation - Distance from Job // Savings or employment

Distance between accommodation and job is not an issue so long as the accommodation is in the UK - you could have a job in Penzance and accommodation in the Shetland Isles.

Personally I would say if you have cash assets that meet the assets test there are fewer moving parts and less opportunity for the deal to collapse, not least because you have control of all the parts, and aren't reliant on the credibility of a job offer.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jun 26th 2017 at 2:56 pm.