Is this it??

Old Feb 4th 2018, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

cca123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is this it??

Hey guys
Since moving to USA 9 years ago, I have always wanted to move back someday. I can't actually believe that this might be coming true but I wanted to check before I got my hopes too high....
I'm a UK citizen applying for my husbands spouse visa. We have a child together but she has her UK citozenship and passport.

I have a job offer in which they will write that I will be making 21k (pounds)
In USA I will have more than 6months pay checks which shows I have been making $32,000
We have documentation of being married (in UK actually), rental agreement, taxes, banks etc to prove our relationship

Could I actually be set to meeting the requirements??? If so, can we file now (fast track) even though we don't intend to travel until june? I heard you can put an intended travel date so if you get your visa back early it won't affect anything but I just want to make sure...

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 4th 2018, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is this it??

Originally Posted by cca123
Hey guys
Since moving to USA 9 years ago, I have always wanted to move back someday. I can't actually believe that this might be coming true but I wanted to check before I got my hopes too high....
I'm a UK citizen applying for my husbands spouse visa. We have a child together but she has her UK citozenship and passport.
You should consider applying for US citizenship if not already done so.

Your US husband can open an UK bank account in the US with HSBC -

https://www.us.hsbc.com/international-banking/
Old Feb 4th 2018, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Yep, i. Already have my usa citizens and we've opened a USA HSBC account with a credit card so HSBC over there can run our credit score (HSBC person said we could do this)

Have we met all the requirements?? Eek
Old Feb 4th 2018, 1:29 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, i. Already have my usa citizens and we've opened a USA HSBC account with a credit card so HSBC over there can run our credit score (HSBC person said we could do this)

How about suitable accommodation? You'll need that as part of the application.
Old Feb 4th 2018, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good, our son opened up an HSBC account in the USA before moving to England last year. He attempted then to open an HBSC UK account and would have been able to do so but the nearest HSBC facility he could go to and sign documents and present id was over 2,000 miles away. He opened his HSBC UK account after he arrived.
Old Feb 4th 2018, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

Yes we have suitable accommodation. Stating at a friends 4 bedroom house. Would she just need to write a letter explaining?
Old Feb 4th 2018, 3:13 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds like you meet the financial requirements which is usually the greatest obstacle to overcome. You will need to have a job offer with a start date of no more than three months after your proposed return but you can specify an arrival date of up to six months in advance of when you lodge your application. Therefore f you wish to move back in June then you can lodge your husband's application now.

The accommodation requirement also needs to be met. If you plan to stay with a friend temporarily then you will need evidence that you have permission from her to do this, that she has the right to give that permission and that there is sufficient room for her family and yours. Does she own or rent the property? Is anyone else named on the deeds or lease for the property, e.g. a spouse? How many people other herself currently live at the property?
Old Feb 4th 2018, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Hi
Thank you all! I was actually going to ask about when to file. If we intend to travel on 30th may can we file now or should we wait a little? My job starts at the beginning of july. What happens if the job changes in the future tho? Will this be a problem?
Yes, my friend and her husband own the property.
Thanks!

Last edited by cca123; Feb 4th 2018 at 4:12 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2018, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Thank you all! I was actually going to ask about when to file. If we intend to travel on 30th may can we file now or should we wait a little? My job starts at the beginning of july. What happens if the job changes in the future tho? Will this be a problem?
Thanks!
You file your US 2017 taxes by April 17th this year and you won’t be able to file your US 2018 taxes until 2019 but best to wait until after you have been out of the USA for 330 days. It is important that the US companies that provided income in 2018 have a good forwarding address as they will not be providing US tax documents such as W2, 1099’s etc. until 2019.

Our son moved to England last year and left his sister’s address in California with his employer and a couple of days ago his W2 arrived from them. His UK taxes are being paid using PAYE from his pay cheques.

Last edited by durham_lad; Feb 4th 2018 at 5:43 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2018, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry, I meant file the visa application but still good info
Old Feb 4th 2018, 8:25 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Thanks!
Okay, so you'll need a letter, signed in ink, from both of them giving you permission to stay with them as long as you need to together with evidence that they own the property, ideally copies of the title deeds. I would also provide colour photocopies of their biodata passport pages as proof of identity and signatures. Is it just the two of them living there?
Old Feb 5th 2018, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

OK thank you. Its them and their baby. They have 4 rooms and 2 bathrooms so plenty of room!
Old Feb 5th 2018, 2:13 am

OK thank you. Its them and their baby. They have 4 rooms and 2 bathrooms so plenty of room!
Okay, so your friends should put that in the letter. DernierVirage posted a good template you can use.