Spousal visa, applied from USA, non-priority:

Sent: Mar 12
Email saying recieved: Mar 14
Email saying decision made: May 30th
Visa arrived (Success!!): June 1st

Just over 11 weeks.
Old Jun 5th 2017, 2:55 am
Just Joined

Flynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2017 UK SPOUSE VISA TIMELINES

Originally Posted by matandrobyn
Spousal visa, applied from USA, non-priority:

Sent: Mar 12
Email saying recieved: Mar 14
Email saying decision made: May 30th
Visa arrived (Success!!): June 1st

Just over 11 weeks.
congratulations! may in ask what documents you sent In to reference to the ones I have ... just over 11 weeks now and I'm feeling nervous
Old Jun 5th 2017, 7:24 am
Just Joined

damianpeterson is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in NZ and sent my passport plus supporting documentation off on 21st April to Auckland where it was sent on to Manila. Didn't hear anything so phoned (£1.43/minute) on 29th May and was told the supporting documentation had arrived in Sheffield on 11th May but my passport was still in Manila and nothing had been processed yet.

We fly to the UK for a friend's wedding on 3rd July followed by a couple of months travelling around Scandinavia and I really need my passport.

I've just used their new email service (£5.48) to ask how I can get my passport back without jeopardising the visa process but haven't heard from them after 4 days spanning a weekend. They say they'll answer emails within two working days. Gotta say I'm getting pretty anxious.

Has anyone tried to get their passport back partway through? Do other countries have to surrender their passport for months on end? (How can this even be feasible for people who travel regularly?)

Ideally if the process is going to take a long time I'd like my passport back so I can travel and, if accepted, present it at the time to be stamped.
Old Jun 5th 2017, 7:40 am
Just Joined

OlympicRudi is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone tried to get their passport back partway through? Do other countries have to surrender their passport for months on end? (How can this even be feasible for people who travel regularly?)

Ideally if the process is going to take a long time I'd like my passport back so I can travel and, if accepted, present it at the time to be stamped.
Mate look at this link?
https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned
Old Jun 5th 2017, 7:45 am
Just Joined

damianpeterson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OlympicRudi
Oh, awesome. I'd not come across that. It appears to go through to the same form I emailed them from so I guess depending on their response (IF they respond) I can use that to get my passport back.

Thanks for the link.
Old Jun 5th 2017, 9:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by damianpeterson
Oh, awesome. I'd not come across that. It appears to go through to the same form I emailed them from so I guess depending on their response (IF they respond) I can use that to get my passport back.

Thanks for the link.
I only came across it by accident while looking at options for accelerating our application.

Hope it all works out for you!
Old Jun 5th 2017, 9:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
I'm sure you could but by the time you receive that information it's likely to be out of date.
Seems like someone did try, but as they said it would cost them over £600 to comply with they managed to get out of it. They also seemed to take their time doing it, but still within the 20 working days!

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...mes_at_sheffie
Old Jun 5th 2017, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

benileo is an unknown quantity at this point

hello,
I was asked to send an updated bank statement from my sponsor,I sent 1 year P60 and the least six months account statement, this is 4 weeks later I have not had from them.is there anybody with same issue?
Old Jun 5th 2017, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

AussieExpat123 is an unknown quantity at this point

From Sydney Australia applying for fiance visa

January 21 - Applied fast service
February 2 - Rejected (In hindsight our application was terrible. poor advice from our lawyer)
March 11 - Applied again fast service
April 4 - Visa granted
April 5 - On flight to UK

Did not require 70 day notice period on wedding as visa was already granted.
Old Jun 6th 2017, 6:04 am
Just Joined

benileo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AussieExpat123
From Sydney Australia applying for fiance visa

January 21 - Applied fast service
February 2 - Rejected (In hindsight our application was terrible. poor advice from our lawyer)
March 11 - Applied again fast service
April 4 - Visa granted
April 5 - On flight to UK

Did not require 70 day notice period on wedding as visa was already granted.
wow congratulations
Old Jun 6th 2017, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

MattP73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jeffrey92
My aunt works there at the moment luckily so she let me know how many there were. She said they were recently finishing off the previous 60 days so I guess yours will be done very soon.

If you want to call them I would call Sheffield DMC and follow the options but when they ask is your application outside the time frame answer yes. Otherwise it will say that they can't tell you anything until it's outside the time frame given. Then it will hang up on you
Hi Jeffrey
Interesting what your Aunt said but it seems to me that they are becoming increasingly hard to get hold of. My wife applied in Manila on the 7th April using the priority service, scanned all docs and received text to say application has arrived in Sheffield later that evening. She has heard nothing since??? VFS Global advertise a 10 working day service...we are now on 38 working days excluding the 3 bank holidays. I keep hearing all sorts of stories about Sheffield. My wife also emailed them asking for an update and no reply. i wish they would just give people a tracking number and let them see what was happening at least
Old Jun 6th 2017, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

Trevnorth10001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Matt,

U and I alike mate, I paid priority and I'm also waiting..... crazy, my wife and kids are going out of their minds
Old Jun 6th 2017, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

Untraceablebr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ed.would
My Mexican wife had her biometrics appointment 21/03/17, a couple of days later the confirmation email that documents had been received in Bogota, and nothing since (now 53 days). She was told in Mexico City it would probably be 90 days due to the sharp increase in applications.

We were unable to pay for priority because the VFS website was down.
Hi, I am in a very similar situation to you, applied from Brazil on 7th March and officially today is 60 working days including all bank holidays, no news yet, we did receive a document request from the entry clearance officer which has now been dealt with. Interesting they say 90days as STANDARD processing times is 60 days, there seem to be no details on gov.uk website about applications taking longer....did the VFS say this to her?
Old Jun 6th 2017, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Colesy898 is an unknown quantity at this point

I received this below from our lawyer the other day. I know it's not new news but good to see UKVI are admitting that they are short staffed. It's interesting though that they say the most affected are European visas but from what I have read on this thread most are applying from outside Europe and we are still getting massive delays. We are now on working day 17/18 and paid priority but it sound like we are going to be waiting a while longer

"The UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) is currently experiencing unprecedented increase in some application categories workload. According to the statistics, the most affected category is the European applications.
UKVI openly admits lack of caseworkers and staff in general and is, therefore, sometimes unable to make a decision within its published timeline of 15 working days for entry clearance applications, and 6 months for all the in-country applications"

Last edited by Colesy898; Jun 6th 2017 at 6:18 pm.
Old Jun 6th 2017, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

Untraceablebr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OlympicRudi
Just wondering if anybody has ever thought of making a freedom of information request for current queues, oldest priority/non-priority app, number of each type of application etc.
It's certainly one way to get some information from them?

someone made a freedom of information act look at this:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...applications_o

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.