2017 UK SPOUSE VISA TIMELINES

Old May 23rd 2017, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

Laciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2017 UK SPOUSE VISA TIMELINES

Originally Posted by BritInParis
I've underlined the relevant parts.

https://uk.tlscontact.com/ua/kbp/pag..._services#S-PV
I think you try to be very smart, and a bit ignorant.....
Old May 23rd 2017, 11:20 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Laciuk
Please don't be rude in that way . There is no need. The post simply accredits and quotes source information about the service. Neither BE or BritInParis wrote the policy.

Well in the visa centre in Ukraine they specified that in 15 working days they "HAVE TO" answer or refund the service fee.
Please accredit and link to the source of your statement.

Thank you.
Old May 23rd 2017, 11:32 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

You are wrong, on both counts. Brit in Paris is an acknowledged expert on UK immigration and visa matters. He took the time to reply to you and give you the correct information, and you respond with rudeness and sarcasm

I hope you don't need help in the future, because I for one will ignore you.
Old May 24th 2017, 6:51 am
Just Joined

Dansta25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi my Partner is Thai and applied in Bangkok. It's states 100% completed in 30days, 83% in 15days. Today is day 15 and I have called and they said it still has not been looked at but is ready for processing.
Anyone else applied in Thailand recently and what times you working on?
Old May 24th 2017, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

ed.would is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ed.would
My Mexican wife had her biometrics appointment 21/03/17, a couple of days later the confirmation email that documents had been received in Bogota, and nothing since (now 53 days). She was told in Mexico City it would probably be 90 days due to the sharp increase in applications.

We were unable to pay for priority because the VFS website was down.
From Mexico
21/03/2017 biometrics appointment
22/03/2017 received in Bogota
24/05/2017 "prepared for consideration" email
Old May 25th 2017, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

Flynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kathwill60
We applied (non priority) on Feb 22 from Vancouver, Canada. The documents received in Sheffield on Feb 27. We are at day 51 and they say they take up to 60 days at the latest. I am thinking they are very backed up. We have heard nothing. I really hope we find out ASAP as we have flights booked. I am hopeful it will come by the 60 day window. Fingers crossed.
hi kathwill60
just wondering what your recent update is? I very similar to your situation applied March 13th 2017 and it is now May 25/17 and tsill haven't heard anything from Visa Sheffield about my settlement visa... I am aware it can take up to 12 weeks for processing times... excluding weekends and holidays... I read your comment and was hoping you finally heard word as giving hope that I too might .... thankyou
Old May 25th 2017, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

Sophmason is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kerwhi
Hi, I completed my biometrics application 23/3 and still haven't heard a thing from UKVI about my application. Another person through same visa agency I'm using waiting since 7/3/17. I'm an Australian citizen married 20 years to British citizen. Has anyone else had to wait and what timeline can we expect? I don't have any accommodation in Australia as sold family home. Relying on goodwill of friends and family to accommodate me.
Hi - I applied from Perth on 15 March with application received in Sheffield on the 16 March. Still haven't heard anything. Have you got your visa now and how long did it take to get processed? Thanks
Old May 26th 2017, 4:56 am
Just Joined

Rita.S is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
We are having the same issue. I am Thai citizen living in Australia holding a permanent residency here in Australia. My partner is British.
We applied for unmarried partner on 12 March,2017 and was refused for supplying the wrong English language evidence on 23 March 2017
We have reapplied with the correct English test on 2nd of May 2017 paid for priority, its been 19 working days as of today. I rang up the UK visa in Canberra and they said my application is delayed and going through further investigation.
My questions for the experts are
1. Will they email me once the decision is made? (Some people said they do but I didn't receive the last time)
2. Do they say further investigation when they are slow and not actually investigating anything?
Thank you
*ps The last time I was refused on only one thing which was language but everything else was met*
Old May 26th 2017, 6:06 am
Just Joined

Sophmason is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rita.S
Hi,
We are having the same issue. I am Thai citizen living in Australia holding a permanent residency here in Australia. My partner is British.
We applied for unmarried partner on 12 March,2017 and was refused for supplying the wrong English language evidence on 23 March 2017
We have reapplied with the correct English test on 2nd of May 2017 paid for priority, its been 19 working days as of today. I rang up the UK visa in Canberra and they said my application is delayed and going through further investigation.
My questions for the experts are
1. Will they email me once the decision is made? (Some people said they do but I didn't receive the last time)
2. Do they say further investigation when they are slow and not actually investigating anything?
Thank you
*ps The last time I was refused on only one thing which was language but everything else was met*
Did you apply for priority the first time round? My understanding is that they won't give you any update if they have a backlog and haven't even reviewed your application yet (unless the 12 week deadline passes and no decision has been made). I also understand that they will send you an email once a decision has been made.

Who did you call in Canberra? I thought the only place you could call to get an update was the uk government office.
Old May 26th 2017, 8:18 am
Just Joined

Rita.S is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sophmason
Did you apply for priority the first time round? My understanding is that they won't give you any update if they have a backlog and haven't even reviewed your application yet (unless the 12 week deadline passes and no decision has been made). I also understand that they will send you an email once a decision has been made.

Who did you call in Canberra? I thought the only place you could call to get an update was the uk government office.
Thank you for your reply Sophmason,
I used priority service the first time, at the first tike I never received anything, I just called up UK visa call centre Canberra office, and asked for my status and they said the decision has been made. Then, I went to the VFS centre in Sydney to pickup my passport. And never received anything at all for that application.

I called Canberra number that was given on the Gov.uk website.
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

I am just not sure about their email service, I asked the people in Canberra and they said that sometimes emails are sent out and sometimes not.

Thank you
Rita

Last edited by Rita.S; May 26th 2017 at 8:21 am. Reason: Adding the link
Old May 26th 2017, 10:39 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi all.

As a rule BritishExpats does not encourage timeline threads as they are somewhat pointless given that all applications will be on a case by case basis and processing times will be what they will be.

Note: The above applies to all countries . There will only ever be so many staff to deal with so many cases. It is always a case of patience is a virtue until or unless the wait time goes way way beyond the processing time guidelines & there has been no contact as has been pointed out by BritInParis and other posters.

If you have an actual question about this visa or the process then that is fine. Please no more posts simply asking for updates where there are none.

Thanks
Old May 29th 2017, 2:31 am
Just Joined

Flynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond repute

I've got a question
so my daughter is dual citizen she carries both a Canadian and British passport. so there for exempted from needing a visa to settle in the UK. Also with my husband being in HM forces he's exempted from a few of the immigration rules I was reading some where... I applied for the settlement visa (spouse visa) back in March 2017, does my husband being in the army/my daughter being dual.. help my situation a little Givin we meet the finiacial requirements and accommodation???
thankyou
Old May 29th 2017, 5:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulster52
I've got a question
so my daughter is dual citizen she carries both a Canadian and British passport. so there for exempted from needing a visa to settle in the UK. Also with my husband being in HM forces he's exempted from a few of the immigration rules I was reading some where... I applied for the settlement visa (spouse visa) back in March 2017, does my husband being in the army/my daughter being dual.. help my situation a little Givin we meet the finiacial requirements and accommodation???
thankyou
No .....
Old May 30th 2017, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

hullmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dansta25
Hi my Partner is Thai and applied in Bangkok. It's states 100% completed in 30days, 83% in 15days. Today is day 15 and I have called and they said it still has not been looked at but is ready for processing.
Anyone else applied in Thailand recently and what times you working on?
Dansta
I applied in BKK on the 9th and received confirmation from Sheffield on the 10th. I also expected to hear something by now on the 83% after 15 days rule/statement on the website but nothing so far.
Old May 30th 2017, 10:48 am
Just Joined

swilliams1 is an unknown quantity at this point

From what I understand, the data provided by the goverment for processing times no longer applies for Bangkok. February 2017 the process was done in Bangkok, now all they are doing is biometrics and or scanning and the processing is done in Sheffield, along with other applications around the world, including other territories which have recently changed the processing system in the same way.

I had planned on our application being processed within 30days as the data for February 2017 stated that 100% of applications were processed within that timeframe. As of April 21st it seems that has gone out of the window and there is no way whatsoever to estimate or plan the timeframe.

Considering that the fees were put up around that time, the UK government has in a matter of weeks made the process more expensive and considerably more difficult to navigate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.