2017 UK SPOUSE VISA TIMELINES

Old Mar 1st 2017, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

Opa17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2017 UK SPOUSE VISA TIMELINES

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and just wanted to know how long it's taken people to hear back regarding spouse visas.

My husband is American and we sent our application off on the 23rd of February, it was delivered on the 27th and logged into the system on the same day with our confirmation email coming in only a few hours after delivery. Now we're just anxiously awaiting a response!

Anyone else applied for a spouse visa recently? And what did your timeline look like?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Opa17; Mar 1st 2017 at 3:25 pm. Reason: Spelling error
Old Mar 1st 2017, 3:34 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2017 UK SPOUSE VISA TIMELINES

https://www.gov.uk/visa-processing-times
Old Mar 1st 2017, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
I have seen that.. you'll note the date is from November and I've heard processing times vary from month to month.

I posted to hear from people applying in 2017 and their personal timelines.

Thank you though.
Old Mar 1st 2017, 9:21 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Opa17
I have seen that.. you'll note the date is from November and I've heard processing times vary from month to month.

I posted to hear from people applying in 2017 and their personal timelines.

Thank you though.
They won't change that much. Probably two to four weeks for most applications, less if you paid for priority processing. As long as your husband's initial date is in April onwards then you shouldn't go too far wrong.
Old Apr 17th 2017, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

smelton is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and just wanted to know how long it's taken people to hear back regarding spouse visas.

My husband is American and we sent our application off on the 23rd of February, it was delivered on the 27th and logged into the system on the same day with our confirmation email coming in only a few hours after delivery. Now we're just anxiously awaiting a response!

Anyone else applied for a spouse visa recently? And what did your timeline look like?

Thanks in advance!

Hi! I'm American, married to a British citizen and I completed my biometrics on 2/21, sent my docs on 02/25, received an email on 2/25 "Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer." And haven't heard anything since. It's been well over 30 days at this point, so I'm sort of just in the dark, waiting on a decision. I've called and written emails about the process, but I haven't gotten very much help, other than stating it's still being processed.
Old Apr 19th 2017, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by smelton
Hi! I'm American, married to a British citizen and I completed my biometrics on 2/21, sent my docs on 02/25, received an email on 2/25 "Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer." And haven't heard anything since. It's been well over 30 days at this point, so I'm sort of just in the dark, waiting on a decision. I've called and written emails about the process, but I haven't gotten very much help, other than stating it's still being processed.
Hey there! You have been waiting a long time! Two days more than me! I am actually following everyone's progress on another forum. They have really great experts on there and dozens of people sharing their stories and timelines and it's all about American/British stuff. I don't think that I can attach a link but Google 'Talk Uk Yankee' and find the 'March Timeline' thread. I have the same username there and you'll see loads of us all in the same boat!
Old Apr 21st 2017, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

Kerwhi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I completed my biometrics application 23/3 and still haven't heard a thing from UKVI about my application. Another person through same visa agency I'm using waiting since 7/3/17. I'm an Australian citizen married 20 years to British citizen. Has anyone else had to wait and what timeline can we expect? I don't have any accommodation in Australia as sold family home. Relying on goodwill of friends and family to accommodate me.
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 10:25 am

Processing times have been updated on the UK.GOV website. Probably a 4-6 week wait now from the US and Australia. The problem with priority processing is that if most applicants are paying for it then it won't much of a difference if you do pay and you'll be waiting a lot longer if you don't.
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

Kerwhi is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you BIP,appreciate your information. I was told of changes from 1/3 but given no idea of a timeline. I have seen updated processing times but thought I'd be in the lower percent as paid priority. i wonder if you have had any success opa17 and smelton???

Last edited by Kerwhi; Apr 22nd 2017 at 10:35 pm.
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

turnip65 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance!

Hi Opa! It sounds like others are having similar lengthy wait times as I am. I'm an American married to a Brit and did the biometrics for my Spouse Settlement application on March 8th. We're past the 30-days for 92% of applications processing time benchmark, so we're getting antsy. Especially since our house is under contract and due to close at the end of May! Has anyone done a retroactive "premium visa upgrade" to expedite the process after submission? https://www.gov.uk/government/public...e-request-form
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

turnip65 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by turnip65
Has anyone done a retroactive "premium visa upgrade" to expedite the process after submission? https://www.gov.uk/government/public...e-request-form
Someone over at the Talk-UK-Yankee forum clarified that this can only be done for someone who is in-country and can show up to a center in the UK, which I am not and cannot. So... back to the waiting...
Old May 3rd 2017, 10:21 am
Just Joined

Desiree456 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone, i'm new here and want to know if anyone has apply for a uk spouse visa from Mauritius. ?

Thanks
Old May 6th 2017, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

matandrobyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to add another data point for comparison: Applied, non-premium, from the US on March 10th, email receipt 14th March, still waiting 6th May...

I read on other forums that there was a Brexit-based uptick in applications in the first couple of months of the year and they're falling behind. This certainly seems to be bourne out by the 2017 timelines I've read. :-(
Old May 9th 2017, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

kathwill60 is an unknown quantity at this point

We applied (non priority) on Feb 22 from Vancouver, Canada. The documents received in Sheffield on Feb 27. We are at day 51 and they say they take up to 60 days at the latest. I am thinking they are very backed up. We have heard nothing. I really hope we find out ASAP as we have flights booked. I am hopeful it will come by the 60 day window. Fingers crossed.
Old May 11th 2017, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

smelton is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

Here's this is it helps.
Hi guys!
I got my decision has been made email.
Literally 10 minutes ago.

Completed biometrics: Feburary 21
Received an email stating "Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an entry clearance officer": Feburary 25
Sent my docs: February 25
Package was marked delivered by DHS: March 2, 2017
Decision has been made email: May 11, 2017

Now we wait to see what they've said

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.