Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Approved FLR(M) - passport renewal next but with name change

Approved FLR(M) - passport renewal next but with name change

Old Jul 17th 2021, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

mmabater is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Approved FLR(M) - passport renewal next but with name change

Hello!

Ive recently got my approved FLR(M) email and received my BRP shortly after. Many thanks tonall you folks who have helped me with the application xx

Now, I have an upcoming schedule for passport renewal from the Philippine Embassy. This soon to be expired passport, which I used for the FLR(m) application bears my maiden name. I now want to use my married name in the passport renewal. My question is, what happens to my current BRP? Do I need to apply for a replacement? How long will it take?

Cheers to anyone who will respond xx
Old Jul 18th 2021, 1:38 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Approved FLR(M) - passport renewal next but with name change

Glad your application was successful

The name on your passport and the name on your BRP need to match so you’ll need to apply for a replacement BRP. How long it takes depends on how much you wish to spend. If you have no travel plans then the standard service should suffice - it should take around eight weeks.
Old Jul 18th 2021, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

hi BritInParis!

noted, is there only one form for this? I assume its below?

https://visas-immigration.service.go...480.1626472601

we are planning a trip back home this December, if allowed, fyi. My passport renewal will take about a month or two max to process.

thanks again BIP xx

Originally Posted by BritInParis

The name on your passport and the name on your BRP need to match so you’ll need to apply for a replacement BRP. How long it takes depends on how much you wish to spend. If you have no travel plans then the standard service should suffice - it should take around eight weeks.
Old Jul 25th 2021, 9:50 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mmabater
hi BritInParis!

noted, is there only one form for this? I assume its below?

https://visas-immigration.service.go...480.1626472601

we are planning a trip back home this December, if allowed, fyi. My passport renewal will take about a month or two max to process.

thanks again BIP xx
That’s the one.
Old Jul 25th 2021, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

thank you!
Old Jun 27th 2023, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Default ILR M application / Life in the UK test / documents required

Hello everyone.

First of, thank you for taking the time to read this post.

Second, i once again need your help,input to prepare for my upcoming visa application- ILR (M).

my questions so far are as follows:

1. current FLR(M) BRP expiration is 18-09-2023, i should lodge the application 28days prior to this date?
fyi - vignette on my initial visa had the
valid from 24-01-18, valid until 23-02-18 dates on it. I arrived at Heathrow airport 07-02-2018.

2. what are the requirements for the ILR(M) application? I read it here somewhere that theyre basically the accumulation of all documents provided since the beginnIng (initial visa)

3. Life in the UK test, i am already booked on the 30th of July, any suggestions on how to pass?

appreciate your input.
again, many thanks for your time.

melanie bater

Originally Posted by BritInParis