Visa/Personal opinion/advice needed-Please no hate

Old Aug 29th 2014, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

SophieDoyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa/Personal opinion/advice needed-Please no hate

I'm currently a UK citizen, and I'm in a relationship with a U.S citizen, who lives in the U.S. We are 4000 miles apart. I know some people on here will be able to relate to this, and we wouldn't wish a long distance relationship on anyone. I'm after some personal opinions, really. We are trying to think of anything and everything to be with each other. We have two options here. I have a six month old daughter who would benefit from living in the U.S, but I have a Prohibited Steps Order against me. I am also currently going through a civil partnership dissolution.

Either, I apply to the courts for authority to move there (a long and expensive process) the process takes around 10 months (if I were to win)

or

Me and my partner get married in the U.S and she comes to live here. BUT. I do not earn the 18,600 per annum. Which option sounds easier? We are desperate to be together.

I currently only earn 15,300 per annum, so finding another higher paid job would be crutial (Also, do the immigration board take Working Tax credit into account as part of income)

If I were to find another job, the divorce and waiting for the visa combined would take approximately 9 months.

Are there any other visas with no threshold minimum?

Please personal opinions.

(Admin- please move if in the wrong section)
Old Aug 29th 2014, 11:27 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa/Personal opinion/advice needed-Please no hate

Originally Posted by SophieDoyle
I'm currently a UK citizen, and I'm in a relationship with a U.S citizen, who lives in the U.S. We are 4000 miles apart. I know some people on here will be able to relate to this, and we wouldn't wish a long distance relationship on anyone. I'm after some personal opinions, really. We are trying to think of anything and everything to be with each other. We have two options here. I have a six month old daughter who would benefit from living in the U.S, but I have a Prohibited Steps Order against me. I am also currently going through a civil partnership dissolution.

Either, I apply to the courts for authority to move there (a long and expensive process) the process takes around 10 months (if I were to win)

or

Me and my partner get married in the U.S and she comes to live here. BUT. I do not earn the 18,600 per annum. Which option sounds easier? We are desperate to be together.

I currently only earn 15,300 per annum, so finding another higher paid job would be crutial (Also, do the immigration board take Working Tax credit into account as part of income)

If I were to find another job, the divorce and waiting for the visa combined would take approximately 9 months.

Please personal opinions.

(Admin- please move if in the wrong section)
I've moved this to the Moving Back to the UK section, but know that you have already asked much of this here.

In your shoes, I would focus on your daughter and your divorce. Your partner is welcome to visit you in the UK as a tourist for now. For you to go to the US to marry, you would need to leave your daughter with your ex anyway - is this something you are prepared to do right now?
Old Aug 29th 2014, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

do the immigration board take Working Tax credit into account as part of income
No. You can't use benefits to form part of your income to be able to sponsor.

No.

We've answered your other questions on your previous thread.

Last edited by formula; Aug 29th 2014 at 12:30 pm.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 12:44 pm
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest, I doubt the answers have changed from your previous threads?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz...e-need-841512/

http://britishexpats.com/forum/marri...artner-841553/

http://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-5...-uk-us-841609/
Old Aug 29th 2014, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

How is a single person able to claim working tax credits on that income? Have you told Tax Credits you are a single claim now and stopped your couple claim?

Or do you mean that WTC money is for part of your child's childcare costs?
Old Aug 29th 2014, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

SophieDoyle is an unknown quantity at this point

Of course I have told Working Tax Credits I am now single. Yes, it's for all childcare costs.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 2:35 pm
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Again, the answers have not, nor will change from your previous 3 or 4 threads so the point of this one?
Old Aug 30th 2014, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Formula and Teza. Posting the same dilemma with different wording, will not change the answers

Good luck getting the divorce/dissolution of civil partnership resolved, & perhaps at the same time sorting the PSO. My limited reading on the latter suggests they are not handed down lightly.

Does your US partner qualify for a skilled work visa?
https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general

S

Last edited by Shirtback; Aug 30th 2014 at 4:14 pm.