Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > China/Hong Kong
Reload this Page >

Weather in Hong Kong during August

Weather in Hong Kong during August

Old Jul 7th 2008, 1:10 am
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default Weather in Hong Kong during August

Hi
Not long until my hols, what's the weather like in the evenings, does it get chilly?
can't wait!! thanks Yve
Old Jul 7th 2008, 1:30 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weather in Hong Kong during August

Erm, no, not at all chilly unless you're in the aircon! Hot, humid, sweaty, maybe rainy.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 4:30 am
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry about the weather. If it rains you suddenly fine people selling umbrellas for less than a quid so do as your told and enjoy your holiday and don't forget to go up the peak tram and go and see Buddah on Lantau.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 11:17 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

No, not now. In the winter you need a light coat (or sometimes even a heavier one).

But do take the note about a/c. Some places have really really crappy air con units and you walk in and there is like 100% humidity in a place cooled to a freezing point. Then you walk out in to a blast furnace, then back into a/c, then outside, etc... You can actually catch a cold in some of the places with air conditioning on overload.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 10:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Thanks guys
Can't wait for the trip, 25th wedding anniversary, plus Hong Kong is where I was born so quite nostalgic for me, mind you straight into hospital when I get back! major surgery but I least I will be relaxed!!

Roll on August 13th!!!

Yve
Old Jul 7th 2008, 11:42 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Oh abergas I think you posted about this ages ago, maybe wrt hotels? So it's almost here - have a fabulous time.

(Get the ferry to Lamma and step back in time - though it has changed terribly in the last ten years - have a good, sweaty walk to the beach and back, eat seafood at sunset.)
Old Jul 8th 2008, 2:19 am
Just Joined

jaykayhk is an unknown quantity at this point

August is normally very hot and very humid which can make it extremely uncomfortable for travelers from more temperate climates. There may be the occasional monsoon rain but shouldn't be too much. And as for umbrellas, well goggles would be of more use!

All trains, taxi's and buses have air con as do the shopping malls. Some malls and restaurants will have air con set to uber cold which can facilitate the need for a light jumper or jacket. But apart from that come over and enjoys your stay!