Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > China/Hong Kong
Reload this Page >

Visiting Beijing first week in October

Visiting Beijing first week in October

Old Aug 28th 2013, 11:07 pm
Just Joined

Everton01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visiting Beijing first week in October

I have booked a 3 night stopover in Beijing from 30th September to 3rd October and have just found out it is a national week's holiday and have been warned that it will be busy.
I have already booked my accommodation. I'll be travelling on my own and was hoping to book some day trips. Any suggestions......apart from cancelling my trip......would be great.
Old Aug 29th 2013, 9:44 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visiting Beijing first week in October

Hello. Just to say Welcome to the forum I'm not in China so cannot help you there, but hopefully someone will be along soon to assist. Hope you have a great holiday.
Old Aug 30th 2013, 1:53 am
Just Joined

LangWiz is an unknown quantity at this point

If you have your accommodation covered already (which can be tough during the holidays), then I would not worry about canceling your trip. During the October holidays, Beijing is a lot quieter, as a lot of people go home or on holidays. There is very little traffic and I find it quite charming.
The only places I would avoid are the forbidden city and other very famous sights, as about a million Chinese tourists come to Beijing during that week to see them. They are very easily avoided though, just stay away from the top 5 most famous sights and you will have a few very quiet and enjoyable days here.
Old Aug 30th 2013, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

anngogh is just really niceanngogh is just really niceanngogh is just really niceanngogh is just really niceanngogh is just really niceanngogh is just really niceanngogh is just really niceanngogh is just really nice

if this is your only chance visiting Beijing, then ignore the horrible traffic, because some landmarks are definitely unmissable. i suggest you enjoy some typically Chinese foods while staying. the forbidden city is the famous landscape which located in the city center, and it is surrounded by some other sites, for example the Houhai and the Zhong Shan Park.
I am living in Beijing,so you can ask me for some details of sites or foods here.
BTW, welcome to China!
Old Aug 30th 2013, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

anngogh is just really niceanngogh is just really niceanngogh is just really niceanngogh is just really niceanngogh is just really niceanngogh is just really niceanngogh is just really niceanngogh is just really nice

if this is your only chance visiting Beijing, then ignore the horrible traffic, because some landmarks are definitely unmissable. i suggest you enjoy some typically Chinese foods while staying. the forbidden city is the famous landscape which located in the city center, and it is surrounded by some other sites, for example the Houhai and the Zhong Shan Park.
I am living in Beijing,so you can ask me for some details of sites or foods here.
BTW, welcome to China!
Old Aug 30th 2013, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by LangWiz
If you have your accommodation covered already (which can be tough during the holidays), then I would not worry about canceling your trip. During the October holidays, Beijing is a lot quieter, as a lot of people go home or on holidays. There is very little traffic and I find it quite charming.
The only places I would avoid are the forbidden city and other very famous sights, as about a million Chinese tourists come to Beijing during that week to see them. They are very easily avoided though, just stay away from the top 5 most famous sights and you will have a few very quiet and enjoyable days here.
Thanks LangWiz for the tips
Old Aug 30th 2013, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by anngogh
BTW, welcome to China!
Hi anngogh
Thanks for your advice
Old Sep 1st 2013, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

You are welcome*\(^o^)/*
I was informed that I will have nine-day break during the National Day. Do you need my company when you are stay in China? I have been stayed in the UK for one year, and people was very nice to me. Hope I would have a chance to help people who comes from my favourite country!