Visas & Right of abode

Old May 24th 2015, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

Otakujin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visas & Right of abode

I have been trying to read up on the Visa requirements and the right of Abode but it seems rather complicated. how difficult is it to get a work visa? what sort of visa would in need? & how long would it normally take to get said Visa? also what is the process to get a right of abode and is this required? I am looking to be in HK for about 18 months - 2 years.

Thanks
Old May 24th 2015, 2:29 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visas & Right of abode

Originally Posted by Otakujin
I have been trying to read up on the Visa requirements and the right of Abode but it seems rather complicated. how difficult is it to get a work visa? what sort of visa would in need? & how long would it normally take to get said Visa? also what is the process to get a right of abode and is this required? I am looking to be in HK for about 18 months - 2 years.

Thanks
You posted in the China/Hong Kong forum - are you actually asking about a visa for the UK?
Old May 24th 2015, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

Otakujin is an unknown quantity at this point

No sorry if i confused people. I am trying to find out about Visa's to work and stay in Hong Kong as well as travelling in China as my job would require a lot of travel on the mainland

Thanks
Old Jun 28th 2015, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Otakujin
No sorry if i confused people. I am trying to find out about Visa's to work and stay in Hong Kong as well as travelling in China as my job would require a lot of travel on the mainland

Thanks
If you are young enough and meet certain requirements, you can apply for a Hong Kong Working Holiday Visa.

Working Holiday Scheme | Immigration Department

You will need an employer to sponsor you in order to get a Hong Kong work visa.

In Hong Kong, you will get the Right of Abode after living in Hong Kong legally for seven years. Having Right of Abode means that the Hong Kong authority cannot remove you from Hong Kong.

Right of Abode | Immigration Department

The CTS deals with all Chinese visa applications in Hong Kong -

https://www.ctshk.com/english/useful/chinesevisa.htm
Old Jul 20th 2015, 3:08 am
BE Enthusiast

hong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond repute

To work in Hong Kong you need a work permit. This has to be applied for by your employer / sponsor. The general rule is that work permits will only be issued where there are no available locals to do the same job. It usually takes 1 or 2 months to process.

You can only apply for the "Right of abode" after living continuously in Hong Kong for 7 years and have made Hong Kong your home.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 3:03 am
Banned

Ins_globalconsulting is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

You indeed need a work permit in Hong Kong, but that work permit will not allow you to travel to China for business. if you want to travel to China for work, you will have to apply for a business visa (M) every time you want to go to China. You can ask for a period maximum of 2x60 days (2 entries for a 60 days stay). If you have a client or a partner that you want to visit, he must provide you with an invitation letter that is needed for the application. The same if you are invited to a conference or a fair.

Hope it will help !
Old Aug 25th 2015, 3:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ins_globalconsulting
Hello,

You indeed need a work permit in Hong Kong, but that work permit will not allow you to travel to China for business. if you want to travel to China for work, you will have to apply for a business visa (M) every time you want to go to China. You can ask for a period maximum of 2x60 days (2 entries for a 60 days stay). If you have a client or a partner that you want to visit, he must provide you with an invitation letter that is needed for the application. The same if you are invited to a conference or a fair.

Hope it will help !
Please contact admin and request a change of username as per our Site Rule # 11. You can do this by clicking on the 'Contact Us' tab at the bottom of this page. Thanks.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/membe...hipman-217610/