Moving to China

Old Apr 6th 2016, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

JasmineAdams is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to China

Hi there i am looking for British expats who now work or live in China, i am looking to move to China in the next few months, i was wondering if there was any British communities for Expats, your help would be very grateful, thank you
Old Apr 7th 2016, 3:36 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to China

Hello and welcome to the forum

I'm afraid the China / Hong Kong section is a little quiet these days. Maybe everyone's out there enjoying the country

Hope you get some replies
Old Apr 10th 2016, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

PoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond reputePoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond reputePoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond reputePoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond reputePoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond reputePoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond reputePoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond reputePoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond reputePoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond reputePoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond reputePoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

Well China is awfully big and some parts have a bunch of expats Like Shanghai others parts such as Xian they are as rare as hen's teeth so Where are you heading?
Old Jun 15th 2016, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

uk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud of

I lived in Weifang with my Chinese wife for almost 4 years.
In that time I probably!y met and knew about 6 foreigners.

I would hasten to add, that there are many foreigners in Weifang, but its quite difficult to meet them, unless you bump I to them on the street, or in Mc Donalds etc.

Great place, really loved our time in China, and hope to be heading back there again soon.

Vette
Old Jul 30th 2016, 6:07 am
Just Joined

wiglsworth is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi uk-vette,

Can you please give me a bit more information about Weifang? We are about to go teach english there and I keep second guessing myself about whether its a good place for myself, husband and 2 young kids. Can you maybe tell me more about cost of accomodation and school care? Did you have an ayi? What did you love and hate about it? I would so appreciate it! Thanks
Old Jul 30th 2016, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

uk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud of

Wow, so many nice things I can tell you about Weifang.
We lived on Qingnian Lu. By Jusco and McDonald's.
Right opposite the beautiful Peoples Park, adjacent to Bailang River.

Go back in a heartbeat.

Tell you more later tonight.

I would think you should love it.
Old Jul 30th 2016, 9:58 am
Just Joined

Thank you! That would so amazing. We will be around a school in Gaoxin district, Fuzhou street. Is that a nice liveable area? Again, I really appreciate any info you may have
Old Jul 30th 2016, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wiglsworth
Thank you! That would so amazing. We will be around a school in Gaoxin district, Fuzhou street. Is that a nice liveable area? Again, I really appreciate any info you may have
Hi,

Gaoxin district is Jinan, are you sure you will be in Weifang?

Gra
Old Jul 30th 2016, 11:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by uk_vette
Hi,

Gaoxin district is Jinan, are you sure you will be in Weifang?

Gra
Yes, I believe so. Although I agree that district is not in Weifang-I was confused about that myself. But I have the street address and it on east Fushou street by the minghai building
Old Jul 30th 2016, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wiglsworth
Yes, I believe so. Although I agree that district is not in Weifang-I was confused about that myself. But I have the street address and it on east Fushou street by the minghai building
OK, I thought you didn't know, Jinan is also very beautiful, been there many tomes.
Back to Weifang.
To be honest you ate on the more empty side of Weifang, but it is very easy to live in the main part of Weifang, eg, Weicheng or Kuiwen.
The busses ate really so easy, and all to easy for an electricity bicycle, 25 mins about.
I was at Weifang Medical Uni, and Weifang Uni, just as stand in tutor.
I did a lot at Yantai uni,
There are so many English teaching schools, Global to name one.
We will eventually go back to China, and it will be Yantai, Yantai holds a special place for me.

More later,

Gra.
Old Jul 30th 2016, 8:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Check out the China Section on www.eslcafe.com
Old Jul 31st 2016, 3:33 am
Just Joined

Thank you so much for that. Do you know anything about childcare/kindys there? I keep getting conflicting information about not being able to enrol my 4 year old into the local kindergarten, but I really don't think I want him going to the international school. Is that a liveable place with children, in your opinion?
Old Aug 4th 2016, 6:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Tough for those with children I would say. Why not ask on Daves ESL Café ?