Shenzhen to Hong Kong

Old Jun 2nd 2013, 11:18 am
Just Joined

Honest Frank is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shenzhen to Hong Kong

Hi everyone.
I'm a UK passport holder with a Chinese Crew Visa.
I'm looking to take my family (UK passport holders) to Hong Kong via Shenzhen on vacation. We wont be staying in Shenzhen at all, just transiting. Staying in Hong Kong for 7 days before flying out of Shenzhen.
I understand we don't need visas for Hong Kong but will we need visas for the arrival into Shenzhen and the subsequent border crossing at the end of our vacation?

Cheers.

Frank
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 1:47 am
BE Enthusiast

hong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shenzhen to Hong Kong

You are correct that to enter HK you/they wont need a visa but to return the China they will. For your family to get into China in the first place before arriving in HK they must surely have a visa ?? Is that a single or multiple entry ?
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 4:02 am
Just Joined

Honest Frank is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply HKGer. The airline that I work for at the moment flies into Hong Kong. But they may be changing to Shenzhen instead which makes getting to Hong Kong not as straight forward.
My family have never been to China or Hong Kong before so I guess they (and myself) will need a multiple entry visa for China just to transit through Shenzen on the arrival and departure days.
Old Jun 9th 2013, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

Quackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really nice

Originally Posted by Honest Frank
Hi everyone.
I'm a UK passport holder with a Chinese Crew Visa.
I'm looking to take my family (UK passport holders) to Hong Kong via Shenzhen on vacation. We wont be staying in Shenzhen at all, just transiting. Staying in Hong Kong for 7 days before flying out of Shenzhen.
I understand we don't need visas for Hong Kong but will we need visas for the arrival into Shenzhen and the subsequent border crossing at the end of our vacation?

Cheers.

Frank
From the 1st January 2013, passport holders of 45 countries (including UK) and regions can be granted a visa-free stay of up to 72 hours while in transit via Beijing Capital Airport (PEK) and Shanghai Pudong International Airport (PVG) & Hongqiao International Airport (SHA). From June of 2013, Guangzhou will also adopt this new policy for passengers transiting via Guangzhou Baiyun Airport (CAN)

Maybe Shenzen will adopt this policy soon

If you fly from Shenzen to Hong Kong then (provide you stay in the airport) no visa is required