Shenzen business visa

Old Sep 10th 2013, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold
Default Shenzen business visa

Hi

Apart from applying for my Shenzen City business visa at the China Embassy in Australia, does anyone know how I apply for it in either China or HK. I've been flying over to China every week for months now and need to get this resolved without sending my UK passport off.

Ron
Old Sep 10th 2013, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

britinchina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shenzen business visa

You could just apply for a Tourist visa when you arrive in HK then get the train/ferry to Shenzhen. It's really not essential to apply for a Business visa each time in my opinion.

Queues are a bit long at the Chinese Embassy in HK though but I think you can get the visa within 2 days. Google " applying for Chinese visa in HK " and you will find all the info you need.

If not try getting a Business visa for 6+ months. Not sure if you can currently get one. Google " visa Agent in HK or Shenzhen " and give them a call and they will tell you the latest info and if they can get you one.
Old Sep 11th 2013, 2:23 am
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for your reply britinchina,

I was aware of getting the visa in HK, but do you know if I can get apply for a visa in China?

Just getting fed up with paying 304RMB everytime I enter and my new passport is going to be full before xmas at this rate.

Ron
Old Sep 11th 2013, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

britinchina is an unknown quantity at this point

Before you could get a 5 day visa at the border at Shenzhen. I'm not sure if it's still possible. Try this link and Google.

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-...Guangdong.html

As for the Passport a good but simple strategy is to use paper clips to keep some of the pages together so they don't automatically stamp a new page each time! or apply for another Passport now. Then you may be able to use both, obviously depends which kind of Passport you hold. I remember my old boss had 2 British passports as she travelled very frequently for work. Try this link: http://www.businesstraveller.com/dis...nd-uk-passport

In addition to this excellent website these forums are also quite good for HK/Shenzhen info. I suggest looking there regarding your visa question.

http://hongkong.geoexpat.com/forum/
http://hongkong.asiaxpat.com/forums/

Good luck.
Old Sep 11th 2013, 1:28 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

The general rule for Chinese visas is to apply "in the country of your residence." That's what is on nearly every consulate webpage and the Foreign Ministry's website.

Now, over the last couple of years (i.e. since the Olympics) we've heard anecdotal reports of "I got a visa in Hong Kong but I reside in the USA" or stuff like that. There was a gradual relaxation such that some people were having success getting visas in non-resident locations. But it's China--there are the rules on paper and the rules that get practiced. The US sends a carrier battle group to close to North Korea, things change. The Dali Lama goes to #10, things change. It's really a juggling act.

The rules on paper changed too last July in a big way. Now getting a 1-year visa is almost impossible unless you have a residency permit (so I've been told--I actually have to renew mine next month so we'll see). Many other things have been flipped around as well.

Paying each time you get to Shenzhen is way too expensive. If you have a double-entry in your passport from a previous visit you should be able to get at least a six-month visa (caveat: note the new rules though). You can pick that up at the consulate nearest you. In many cases you would just hand over your passport for a few days. Here in Hong Kong you can get it in 24 hours or less sometimes.

I do not think you can get it in China but I do not know for sure. I know several people who live in China but have done "visa runs" to Hong Kong to get their visas renewed for some reason. Not sure why they have to jump through that hoop but it is what it is.

Also note the police registration requirements are also much tougher now with significantly increased fines. If staying at a hotel don't worry but if staying with friends you are supposed to register within 24 hours of arrival each time.
Old Sep 11th 2013, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks everyone.

Looks like a few days visit to HK it is then.

Ron
Old Oct 5th 2013, 9:32 am
Just Joined

TheBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point

try again. All rules were changed on the 1st of September - this time in an even more drastic way as they were on the 1st of July. So pretty much all advice you find on the internet from people who applied before that date is not valid anymore.
And let us know on here what your experience was