Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > China/Hong Kong
Reload this Page >

Medical examination for Z visa

Medical examination for Z visa

Old Dec 14th 2014, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

cloy23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical examination for Z visa

I am currently in the process of applying for a Z visa to teach English in Chengdu. I am especially curious as to what the medical examination tests for? I've trawled the internet for answers but everything was posted a few years ago and I have no definite answers. Can anyone who's recently (2014) had the Chinese medical exam shed some light on what they actually test for? It would be a massive help. I would also like to know what hinders me from obtaining this visa, health, disease etc.

Thank you
Old Dec 17th 2014, 8:37 am
Just Joined

Asia teacher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical examination for Z visa

Originally Posted by cloy23
I am currently in the process of applying for a Z visa to teach English in Chengdu. I am especially curious as to what the medical examination tests for? I've trawled the internet for answers but everything was posted a few years ago and I have no definite answers. Can anyone who's recently (2014) had the Chinese medical exam shed some light on what they actually test for? It would be a massive help. I would also like to know what hinders me from obtaining this visa, health, disease etc.

Thank you
You’ll get two medicals. One to get you the ‘Z’ and another for the FEC and PSB to get your visa. The ‘Z’ is only for 30 days. Chinese medicals are full-blown ones, but fairly easy to pass as long as it’s not catching, if you know what I mean. Blood pressure, cholesterol, urine sample, eyes, X-Ray, bone density scan . . . and more. You’ll get another medical on renewal of your visa every 6 or 12 months.
Source: I'm a teacher in Northern China.
Old Dec 20th 2014, 8:48 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical examination for Z visa

I had one during my time in china.

just blood tests x-ray sound test organ tests HIV/AIDS etc

the normal bollocks