Looking for a Job in HK

Old Dec 16th 2012, 11:07 pm
Just Joined

Rohit75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for a Job in HK

Hi can someone please point me in the right direction in obtaining a job in Hong Kong as project manager in construction that does not require me to speak mandarin, as all the positions I have found currently require this.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

hong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for a Job in HK

You do not say whether with a Contractor or Consultant. For Contractors your best bet would be with an International Construction Company such as Balfour Beatty, Laing O'Rourke, Leighton, Gammon. For Consultants try AECOM, Hyder, Mott McDonald, Arup etc. Most positions with local companies (even at Director level) will probably require / prefer a Cantonese speaker (not Mandarin unless you will be working in Mainland China). Your employer would need to secure a work permit for you and to do that they would have to satisfy the immigration department that there is no-one available locally (including expat permanent residents) that could do your job. You would need to have formal qualifications and adequate experience.
Old Dec 18th 2012, 12:01 am
Just Joined

Rohit75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking for a Job in HK

Thank you very much