Living in Nanjing, China

Old Jul 16th 2012, 3:54 am
Just Joined

lostinNanjing is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living in Nanjing, China

My husband, son and I have been living in Nanjing, China for the past several months. We were supposed to be heading back to the United States at the end of August, but it looks like we will be here for awhile longer due to my husbands job. Anyway, while I am enjoying a lot of our stay here in China, I'm a little stir crazy during the day. We have enrolled our son in preschool here (to hopefully learn something about the language) and my husband is at work all day so I am all by myself most of the time. Are there any churches or places where English speaking expats go to hang out and meet people? I'm not Brittish, (am from the US) but it would be wonderful to meet some people to have lunch or coffee with on occasion. Any help would be appreciated!
Old Jul 25th 2012, 1:23 am
JGS
Just Joined

JGS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Living in Nanjing, China

I am not sure about churches, but you could try visiting some of the coffee shops and such in the area of Nanjing University, particularly those on Shanghai Rd near the Hopkins-Nanjing Center. There are a lot of foreigners who frequent that area, and not all of them are students. I would recommend Skyways Bakery (which serves many German and French pastries, good coffee, and cheap sandwiches on great bread--I believe the owners are German) on Shanghai Rd as a place to start. I studied at the university a couple years back, and that was always a staple.
Old Nov 27th 2012, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

honeybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nice
Default Re: Living in Nanjing, China

Lost in Nanjing, just logged into the website after a long time as been busy with moving and settling in. I lived in Nanjing before and joined the Nanjing International Club, you will meet lots of stay at home moms there. There is also an international english speaking church which meets every Sunday in a hotel in centre ofNanjing. It's called Nanjing international Christian fellowship, you can google both as they have websites. Sorry that this is quite late, hope you have made progress since last post. Cheers