Keeping Pets in Shanghai?

Old Aug 13th 2013, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

ALC_SH is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Keeping Pets in Shanghai?

Hi!

I am coming over to this exciting city soon and am hoping to bring my pet dog along with me. However, I am fairly hesitant as I have a few questions. Hoping some of the more experienced on this forum can help give some advice and provide some assurance.

1) I understand that many, if not most public parks in the city, are not open to dogs. As such where can I or do most of you pet owners walk your dog?

2) As such, is there any particular districts/areas in the city that is more pet-friendly? I am hoping to meet some expat pet owners as well so my dog can make some new friends as well. Are there any meetups for expat pets?

3) I understand that foreign pet food brands that we might be more familiar with are available in some stores, however is it convenient and affordable? Are there tips on getting access to these foreign brands in a more convenient method?

Thank you so much!! It would be great if I could bring my dog along with me.

Cheers,
ALC
Old Aug 14th 2013, 1:21 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Keeping Pets in Shanghai?

Hi there. Just to say Welcome to the forum

As you can see, I'm a few thousand miles away so cannot help,with your questions. I'm sure some China residents will be along shortly to assist you. All the best with your move.
Old Aug 14th 2013, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Supernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to all

I can't help to answer your specific questions but in general, China isn't very dog friendly and somewhere I personally would think twice about relocating my dog to, but if you do decide to move your dog there, definitely avoid dog foods made in China.

http://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com...-made-in-china

http://www.pawnation.com/2013/06/25/...than-14-inches

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...-meat-festival
Old Dec 22nd 2013, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

Jack Awesome is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ALC. It is fine to go to a park with your lovely dog.Shanghai got some international supermarkets would definitely help you to find the best dog food that you want. Some people distrust the dog food which made in china.. unfortunately, most of the dog food are made in china, just different brands or changed a vision. Hope you have a good trip in shanghai.