Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > China/Hong Kong
Reload this Page >

Jiangning District of Nanjing

Jiangning District of Nanjing

Old Jun 13th 2012, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

jlobkowicz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jiangning District of Nanjing

Greetings all,

I am thinking of taking a job in this area and wondered if anyone can tell me about the area. Is it nice? Is it safe? Is there any sort of nightlife in this district?

I know I am very close to the subway so getting into downtown will be easy but it would be nice to know if my neighborhood had anything going on in it too.

I would love any info anyone could offer me.

Cheers.

Josh
Old Jun 21st 2012, 9:58 pm
Just Joined

johnshuttle is just really nicejohnshuttle is just really nicejohnshuttle is just really nicejohnshuttle is just really nicejohnshuttle is just really nicejohnshuttle is just really nicejohnshuttle is just really nicejohnshuttle is just really nice
Default Re: Jiangning District of Nanjing

I have guest lectured at the JIT University since 2008, once a year, usually in April /May in the Jainling district. ....what can I say, not a lot happening night life wise.....if you can, try and rent an apartment in the Baixia district and hop the free bus to the Jinaning distict everyday just next to the Jinhui hotel....from the Baixia..you can hit most of the bars up by the Chiang / Jie bai Lu....Tairyo teppanyaki is the best for meeting expat westerners...as is the Blue Marlin bar and Jimmy's / Blue Sky up by the Shanghai lu...taxi back is a problem....good luck!

Last edited by johnshuttle; Jun 21st 2012 at 10:03 pm.
Old Jun 26th 2012, 8:18 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jiangning District of Nanjing

Originally Posted by jlobkowicz
Greetings all,

I am thinking of taking a job in this area and wondered if anyone can tell me about the area. Is it nice? Is it safe? Is there any sort of nightlife in this district?

I know I am very close to the subway so getting into downtown will be easy but it would be nice to know if my neighborhood had anything going on in it too.

I would love any info anyone could offer me.

Cheers.

Josh
Bit late in the day Josh (and I can't help with your query I'm afraid as I am in the US) but I wanted to stop by and welcome you to BE. I hope you are enjoying being part of our community.

Did you take the job in the end?