Hongkong spending money ...

Old May 1st 2005, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hongkong spending money ...

Originally Posted by novita77
So where r u now JTL? In the UK? Well... we only have hols once a year... so once we leave our base we try to visit as many places as possible.

I am Indonesian chinese ... lived in Singapore 4 years ago for 2 years. And I used to work at Shangri-La before.

Yes ... obvious u lived there before. I can see u know the places too well . I defenitely will contact u when I need another info about Hongkong. At the moment i really counting my days... It is so hot here ... can't wait to leave.
I'm in Ormiston which is near Brisbane in Australia. JTL's my husband but we share this BE account. He's Scottish/Northern Irish. We moved here from Northern Ireland last August and are loving the place. We spend most of the time on the Australia forum but I try to browse the Far East one in case there're things I can help with. Many people on the Australia forum have been very kind to us answering our questions on Brisbane and Australia, so this is just one way of paying back I suppose.

I've been to Singapore a few times and loved eating at the food stalls at Newton Circus and the seafood place on the East Coast. I look forward to visiting it again in the future, probably as a stopover to the UK when we visit JTL's family.

One month's not a long wait. You'll be there before you know it.

Cheers,
Mrs JTL
Old May 1st 2005, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

alton is an unknown quantity at this point

unfortunately not , have to go back to Doha for the school. But I do wondering about Hongkong disneyland
Well, I've been to a few different disneylands and I noticed that they are all the same. So I guess there is nothing different about the one here in Hong Kong. But they are building some attactions around it. One, for example, is the new cable car system that will take you from Tung Chung ( near the airport) to Ngong Ping (where the Big Buddah is).
Old May 1st 2005, 3:57 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alton
Well, I've been to a few different disneylands and I noticed that they are all the same. So I guess there is nothing different about the one here in Hong Kong. But they are building some attactions around it. One, for example, is the new cable car system that will take you from Tung Chung ( near the airport) to Ngong Ping (where the Big Buddah is).
Eh .... anyone can tell me the exact date when is disneyland Hongkong open? We arrived in Hongkong on 29th of August and leave on 8th of September. Just wondering wether we can catch the disneyland opening???
Old May 1st 2005, 11:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Eh .... anyone can tell me the exact date when is disneyland Hongkong open? We arrived in Hongkong on 29th of August and leave on 8th of September. Just wondering wether we can catch the disneyland opening???
12th September 2005

Cheers,
Mrs JTL
Old May 2nd 2005, 3:50 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
12th September 2005

Cheers,
Mrs JTL
Well ... shame really ... we will be leaving HK on the 8th. So looks like it would be next time visits for disneyland. My son only 4... i would say he is too small to enjoy the rides.
Old May 10th 2005, 6:03 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

Well ... shame really ... we will be leaving HK on the 8th. So looks like it would be next time visits for disneyland. My son only 4... i would say he is too small to enjoy the rides.
I suspect it will be wise to steer well clear of it for the first few months. It will be absolutely packed with tourists and you'll have long waits everywhere. The good thing is, Ocean Park will be quiet and you'll be able to enjoy the views while your son is on the rides. Just don't support the dolphin shows!
Old May 10th 2005, 9:26 am
semarang

Originally Posted by Desert Dweller
I suspect it will be wise to steer well clear of it for the first few months. It will be absolutely packed with tourists and you'll have long waits everywhere. The good thing is, Ocean Park will be quiet and you'll be able to enjoy the views while your son is on the rides. Just don't support the dolphin shows!
decided not to go there anyway ... and yes will visit ocean park.
Old May 12th 2005, 9:19 pm
Invisi... K

ksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond repute

decided not to go there anyway ... and yes will visit ocean park.
do see the Panda!!! only AC roomed place... so nice to visit in the sweltering heat
Old May 13th 2005, 4:54 am
semarang

Originally Posted by ksct97
do see the Panda!!! only AC roomed place... so nice to visit in the sweltering heat
will noted that KSCT , dont think my son ever see a live panda before
Old May 18th 2005, 3:08 pm
W10

HK Disneyland is an abomination. Built in an ecologically sensitive area...disgraceful.

Old May 19th 2005, 6:06 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
Built in an ecologically sensitive area...disgraceful.
Most of Hong Kong is, they are still reclaiming the harbour. Give it another 20 years and you'll be able to walk from Wanchai to Kowloon.