Hong Kong - Hotels

Old Mar 15th 2006, 10:24 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hong Kong - Hotels

I agree with point made that HK Disney doesn't compare with Euro or Florida.....there was no way it could, BUT if you do enjoy a day out in Disney and just fancy a few rides with the kids - its fine...
We went in January on a warm day, and queued for nothing. We were very lucky the place was not busy at all.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nurse Ratched and Patient
We stayed at the City Garden last year for a couple of nights. We were on a stopover on way to Oz so booked hotel as part of flight package. Not sure how expensive it was but don't remember it being too bad. Was a lovely hotel with an outside, rooftop, lifeguard-patrolled pool that I'm sure would be great for your kids. When I went in it, I was the only person in the whole pool which was nice!
Hong Kong's fantastic so I really hope you enjoy your stay!
We stayed at the City Garden in 1997, & it was great. On our honeymoon in 2000 we stayed at the Mandarin Oriental- fantastic , now hubbys favourite hotel in the world & he's been in a few!!
Old Mar 28th 2006, 2:32 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poppets
We stayed at the City Garden in 1997, & it was great. On our honeymoon in 2000 we stayed at the Mandarin Oriental- fantastic , now hubbys favourite hotel in the world & he's been in a few!!
Mine too, their afternoon tea is unbeatable....earl grey and a tray of delicacies...mmmm. I love Hong Kong, we were there in January but dont know when we will be going back. Shame
Old Mar 28th 2006, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross
Mine too, their afternoon tea is unbeatable....earl grey and a tray of delicacies...mmmm. I love Hong Kong, we were there in January but dont know when we will be going back. Shame
His fav was the Eggs Benideict for breakfast, i tried to get him to take me to the Mandarin Oriental in London for our anniversary, but no joy off to live in NZ instead, which would you choose out of curiosity?
Old Apr 30th 2006, 11:29 am
____

hongkonger is an unknown quantity at this point

Just in case anyone was thinking of trying to book the Mandarin Oriental - it is closed for major refurbishment. That once great coffee shop on the ground floor will not survive, will be replaced by a retail unit (better returns).
Old Apr 30th 2006, 10:18 pm
Susie..

His fav was the Eggs Benideict for breakfast, i tried to get him to take me to the Mandarin Oriental in London for our anniversary, but no joy off to live in NZ instead, which would you choose out of curiosity?
We did the NZ bit too, great minds think alike. We are in Christchurch..
Old Apr 30th 2006, 10:19 pm
Susie..

Originally Posted by hongkonger
Just in case anyone was thinking of trying to book the Mandarin Oriental - it is closed for major refurbishment. That once great coffee shop on the ground floor will not survive, will be replaced by a retail unit (better returns).
OMG how depressing is that !!! I loved that place, oh well I suppose it will have to be Starbucks now....lol
Old May 1st 2006, 11:28 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross
I agree with point made that HK Disney doesn't compare with Euro or Florida.....there was no way it could, BUT if you do enjoy a day out in Disney and just fancy a few rides with the kids - its fine...
We went in January on a warm day, and queued for nothing. We were very lucky the place was not busy at all.
Andrew ... what is the min height for the ride ? Thinking going there in June with our son.
Old May 2nd 2006, 7:46 am
Susie..

Originally Posted by novita77
Andrew ... what is the min height for the ride ? Thinking going there in June with our son.
I'm not sure what the height restriction is , but my daughter of 7 who is of average height got on all of the rides. I'm sure it will say on their website though. Have a great time !!