Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > China/Hong Kong
Reload this Page >

Do Apple products have international warranties?

Do Apple products have international warranties?

Old Aug 27th 2011, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of
Default Do Apple products have international warranties?

I live in Perth but have in-laws in Hong Kong. I am thinking of buying either a Mac Book Pro or Mac Book Air from the on line Apple store. The HK store is cheaper and I will be there at Christmas so I was thinking of buying it then but would it come with an international warranty that I could call on if I had a problem in Australia?
Old Aug 28th 2011, 9:21 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do Apple products have international warranties?

I don't know the answer but a lot of folks seem to do what you're planning to do and buy elsewhere in the world. I would've thought Yes, wouldn't you? Can you contact Apple HK on their website maybe?
Old Aug 28th 2011, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

Found a handful of threads on Apple Discussions confirming that the warranties are valid overseas from where you bought it. Here's one:
https://discussions.apple.com/message/12610336#12610336
Old Aug 28th 2011, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

jerseytocanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Apple have 12 month world wide warranties on all products and while i wouldn't buy extended warranties on any other product Apple care is a bargain, it extends your warranty to 3 years and they will replace for the latest model should any problem arise. Just make sure the keyboard is a qwerty. I'm not sure if they are in Asia but i'm sure you could email the apple store in advance and ask them to order you in the spec you want.
Old Aug 28th 2011, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

The keyboard is qwerty but supplemented with Chinese. I believe the iPhone comes with a non-international warranty as do other mobile phones.
Old Jul 13th 2012, 7:06 am
Banned

kingdavid2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

The international warranty is guaranteed!You just go take it
Old Jul 13th 2012, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kingdavid2012
The international warranty is guaranteed!You just go take it
It might be guaranteed but you don't get one for an iPhone period.