Cost of moving and living

Old Feb 13th 2013, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

Grant173 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cost of moving and living

Hi
I am looking to move Hong Kong I was looking if someone could advise me on salary for a master butcher within the great food hall.
Then the cost of living schools health costs
Old Feb 17th 2013, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

Supernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to all
Default Re: Cost of moving and living

Master butcher within the great food hall ?! Is that what I think it is, a meat butcher? If so do you have HKID card and do you speak Chinese?
Old Feb 17th 2013, 8:53 am
Just Joined

Grant173 is an unknown quantity at this point

No I don't have a ID card or speak chinise
I currently live in the uk and applied for a job working over there and was looking for information on living in Hong Kong costs for rental property and where to live thanks for reply
Old Feb 18th 2013, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

Supernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to all

Costs of accommodation could literally range from $4k - 100+ k per month depending on so many factors.
Where to live - depends on where you work, your budget and priorities.

You will not get a working visa for a low paying job, minimum $18-20k pm is rule of thumb.
Also to get a working visa you need to be able to convince immigration that you have skills or experience that a local does not have.
Old Feb 18th 2013, 1:11 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

I would think you would have a very difficult time obtaining a work visa. I should also note that you would have a significant day-to-day difficulty working there without Chinese language skills. While many of the customers at Great speak English, not all do, and many of the employees will not speak more than a basic level of English.

As for costs, it's really "how long is a piece of string"? You can live at any extreme. A one room tiny apartment on the island could be $10,000HKD a month (£825) upto well, the sky is the limit. At the low end you living on HK Island you would not be getting something that modern.

gohome.com.hk
squarefoot.com.hk

Both of those will give you an idea of housing prices.