Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > China/Hong Kong
Reload this Page >

Just wanted to say Hi to all the expats in Shanghai

Just wanted to say Hi to all the expats in Shanghai

Old Mar 18th 2014, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

Grumpyscot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just wanted to say Hi to all the expats in Shanghai

Hi,

I'll be moving to Shanghai in just under 2 months with my wife and 15 month old son. My wife is from Shanghai and obviously all family and friends are still there so I will have many people to talk to and many people that I already know but I thought maybe it would be good to be able to speak English on occasion and meet up with other British people if it was possible.

Anyway, i'm 30, my wife is 27, we've been together for almost 9 years and married for 3 having met at University. She has been a stay at home mother since our son was born but has recently been offered a job in Shanghai so we thought we may as well give it a go.

We'll be living very much in the local community and eating the local foods (it's basically all I eat anyway as she does the cooking at home) and other than that we're all excited about about moving.
Old Mar 19th 2014, 12:45 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just wanted to say Hi to all the expats in Shanghai

Hi grumpyscot.....just to say to the forum and hope you're not really grumpy
Old Mar 19th 2014, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

Grumpyscot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just wanted to say Hi to all the expats in Shanghai

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Hi grumpyscot.....just to say to the forum and hope you're not really grumpy
I seem to be getting more grumpy as I get older but i'm not hugely grumpy yet! Thanks for the welcome