Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > China/Hong Kong
Reload this Page >

CHINA and something that happens to "other people"

CHINA and something that happens to "other people"

Old Dec 21st 2006, 1:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CHINA and something that happens to "other people"

Have you tried contacting the Consul in Hong Kong? I know they're not responsible for Ningbo but perhaps they would be more sympathetic? They might be better staffed and possibly more interesting in things other than just trades and investment in China like other Chinese offices might be.

British Consulate-General
1 Supreme Court Road
Hong Kong
(PO Box 528)

Main switchboard: (852) 2901 3000

Telephone:
Fax:
UK Trade & Investment
(852) 2901 3182
(852) 2901 3066
Press & Public Affairs
(852) 2901 3277
(852) 2901 3008
Consular
(852) 2901 3281
(852) 2901 3204
Visa
(852) 2901 3111
(852) 2901 3347
UKRP & Entry Clearance
(852) 2901 3231
(852) 2901 3274
British Citizen Passport
(852) 2901 3262
(852) 2901 3143
BN(O) Passport
(852) 2901 3222
(852) 2901 3046
Management
(852) 2901 3000
(852) 2901 3007

Out of office hours Consular Emergency Service:
Tel: (852) 2901 3000

E-mail:

[email protected]
(UK Trade & Investment)
[email protected]
(Press & Public Affairs)
[email protected]
(Consular)
[email protected]
(Visa)
[email protected]
(UKRP & Entry Clearance)
[email protected]
(British Citizen Passport)
[email protected]
(BN(O) Passport)

Another suggestion is to go to press with your story to put more pressure on the officials? I know you said you've tried the British ones. How about the South China Morning Post? It's the leading English newspaper in Hong Kong and is read by the entire expat community as well as many locals who have contacts in China.

I know you've been through all means imaginable but just thought you might want to give these suggestions a go.

Good luck,
Mrs JTL
Old Dec 21st 2006, 2:01 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

"I know this british guy. he is very famous in ningbo for his bad behaviour and rude actions. the truth of the story is this british guy wanted to abduct his son out of china and then force his wife to leave him and their house. now i'd like to tell you the record of this british guy. around 1996 he came from newzealand with empty hands and just looking for some chances in china for making fortune.
under the great help of her ex-wife, he established the so-called factory. his wife helped to pruchase his house and helped to go through all the official red-tapes for establishing his factory just after ten days of giving birth to their hybrid baby. and she was forced by this guy to leave bed when she needed rest to recover from labor and often beaten by this guy after the birth.
oh god! you are the witness for all the ill treatment and evils this guy had ever done to his wife and son.
how could such a thug assert to be unfairly treated.
he drove his car crazily in streets in ningbo and other cities around china. and many times did he bump and assault other chinese normal people. He broke the basic rule living in a forein country DO IN ROME AS ROMAN DOES.
In our british circle who are living currently in china this british guy just humiliate us and our nation for his xenophobia and ill action done to innocent chinese friends. he's got a bad name on herself.
the story given by him is bullshit."

This is definately written by a Chinese person, it bears the typical chinglish/grammer traits.

Have you contacted the Consulate in Shanghai at all? And if so, who did you speak to? The Consulate in Hong Kong won't touch this case, its the Shanghai Consulate who should be getting involved.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 2:13 am
C&R

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Also, you state you have been in China trying to get your son back since 2003, have the police kept your passport since then? and in the process, how are you renewing your Chinese visas?
Old Dec 21st 2006, 2:52 am
Just Joined

simsjk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by C&R
Also, you state you have been in China trying to get your son back since 2003, have the police kept your passport since then? and in the process, how are you renewing your Chinese visas?
Everyone wants to pick my story to pieces.. It's incredible. What is the matter? My son and I have no legal protection, no legal rights and no support from the embassies, which, by the way, they have to provide?
You are asking me when my passport was taken away. It was taken away about a month ago.. This is strictly illegal. Not only that, six court officials threw me up against the wall, beat me and took my passport.
The embassy suggested I apply for a new passport.. Now.. that is really the level of support you get from your embassy unless you are american.. You can sue the american embassies...
I hope your mind is at ease now that you know when my passport was taken away.
Also.. thanks for your vaulable suggestion as I was asking for.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 3:14 am
C&R

Hang on a minute, I asked questions to clarify the situation, not to doubt what you are saying. They are legitimate questions with regards to your Chinese visa/resident status and passport situation.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 3:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by C&R
Hang on a minute, I asked questions to clarify the situation, not to doubt what you are saying. They are legitimate questions with regards to your Chinese visa/resident status and passport situation.
Sorry.. I don't mean to be rude, but the passport and visa issue is not the problem. The problem is that neither I nor my son have had any rights or protection which is written into the chinese law books.. Not only that, I have been beaten up twice now, my factory has been robbed, my son is being denied legal rights to see his father and I am being denied my legal right now to see my son.
My son's nationality has been illegally stolen.

The Embassy does nothing. The courts and police here laugh at me.

The fact of the matter is. The very people charged with protecting the law are blatantly abusing it. It's not even a little bit subtle. It's a gross and obscene abuse of their own law. This is happening because of
1) They are incredibly racist here
2) My ex wife has made some very powerful connetions.

I now have exhausted all legal avenues. I love my son, he loves me but over the last 3 years he will have been brainwashed. I have recordings of my ex wife on the phone saying she can have me put in prison anytime she wants.

What would you do???
Old Dec 21st 2006, 3:48 am
C&R

Originally Posted by simsjk
Sorry.. I don't mean to be rude, but the passport and visa issue is not the problem. The problem is that neither I nor my son have had any rights or protection which is written into the chinese law books.. Not only that, I have been beaten up twice now, my factory has been robbed, my son is being denied legal rights to see his father and I am being denied my legal right now to see my son.
My son's nationality has been illegally stolen.

The Embassy does nothing. The courts and police here laugh at me.

The fact of the matter is. The very people charged with protecting the law are blatantly abusing it. It's not even a little bit subtle. It's a gross and obscene abuse of their own law. This is happening because of
1) They are incredibly racist here
2) My ex wife has made some very powerful connetions.

I now have exhausted all legal avenues. I love my son, he loves me but over the last 3 years he will have been brainwashed. I have recordings of my ex wife on the phone saying she can have me put in prison anytime she wants.

What would you do???
The passport and visa staus is an issue. How are you residing in the country legally. No-one can legally confiscate your passport without interference from the British Consulate. I am beginning to think there is more to this then you are letting on. Have you been threatened with deportation and this is why the Consulate won't intervene?
Old Dec 21st 2006, 4:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by C&R
The passport and visa staus is an issue. How are you residing in the country legally. No-one can legally confiscate your passport without interference from the British Consulate. I am beginning to think there is more to this then you are letting on. Have you been threatened with deportation and this is why the Consulate won't intervene?
Ok.. there is more than I am letting on.. There is three years worth of illegal abuse and corruption and racism.. YOu want the whole three years.
You must chose to believe what you will. This thing sounds so far fetched that most people find it unbelievable.
Search my story in "The London Times" and the mail on sunday..
Sadly, even they have lost interest in my plight.. The last time I was illegally imprisoned I was making coca cola christmas decorations to pass the time... I've been in touch with coca cola.. they don't care!!!

Nobody Cares.

I appreciate your scepticism. However, I've tried to open a forum here to maybe get some advice about what I can do next.. Remember I have no legal options open to me.

So.. please.. My passort is not a problem.. The problem is people thinking they are above the law, and not only that, proving it because nobody can be bothered to do anything to stop this.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 4:35 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simsjk
Ok.. there is more than I am letting on.. There is three years worth of illegal abuse and corruption and racism..
So when I said there were 2 sides to this story I was possibly heading somewhere. you didn't think to drop this into the conversation?
There is no other way to say this as you will presume I am accusing you of lying but there is only one thing to do at this stage: GO TO THE EMBASSY.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 4:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Desert Dweller
So when I said there were 2 sides to this story I was possibly heading somewhere. you didn't think to drop this into the conversation?
There is no other way to say this as you will presume I am accusing you of lying but there is only one thing to do at this stage: GO TO THE EMBASSY.
I can't put all that has happened here.. There is just too much.. The three years of corruption racism, abuse is all directed against me.
I am in contact with the embassy every day.. I have to give false names to the secretary so they will pick up the phone otherwise they are always at meetings.

I see this is the wrong forum for me. I'll say this. I am the innocent party here. I have done nothing wrong and nothing illegal. Why is that statement so hard to believe. If you doubt me and think I'm a liar, why do you still bother to write here? If I am a liar Im' hardly going to change my "story" after three years because you say so.
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 2:47 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry but this forum is really not the right place for this discussion and so I am closing this thread.