Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > China/Hong Kong
Reload this Page >

Bejiingteach - anyone know of?

Bejiingteach - anyone know of?

Old Jan 10th 2013, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

ElsieAnas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bejiingteach - anyone know of?

I like the sound of this American owned language school. Anyone have any experience of them, good or otherwise?
Old Jan 11th 2013, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Bejiingteach - anyone know of?

Also Aston?
Old Jan 12th 2013, 4:56 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

you'll better of try another city, as 'Beijing' has heavy competition there for you.
Old Jan 12th 2013, 7:31 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your input. I realise that it's tough, that's why I'm looking for info on particular companies to find a way in
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 4:02 pm
Rizlared

kevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ElsieAnas
Thank you for your input. I realise that it's tough, that's why I'm looking for info on particular companies to find a way in
It's harder than tough, and you need to be very very careful, Private schools are a minefield, they don't pay, have poor accommodation and often fire you a month before the contract ends so they don't have to pay a bonus or travel expenses, so be warned!!! No union here!!!!

Colleges and Universities are a better bet, but you must have a valid degree OU is not recognised by many uni's here, and, in a city like Beijing, you would need at least two years teaching experience in China.

Salaries are low, outside major cities 5-7000 yuan is the norm, inside 10-18,000 depending on qualifications and experience. cost of living is equally comparable, In my city 5500 yuan a month with free accom you can live reasonably well, in Nanjing just up the road, but 6 times bigger, you would struggle on 7000. Beijing, Shanghai, well anything below 20-30,000 and you wouldn't survive, heating in winter is very expensive, and aircon in summer the same.

Most professional teachers, supplement their income with private work, but it takes time to get established.

I get 2 times my Uni salary in private work, but it has taken me nearly 4 years to get this far.

Good luck