Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > China/Hong Kong
Reload this Page >

applying for tourist visa to china

applying for tourist visa to china

Old Mar 3rd 2012, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

tariqbutt is an unknown quantity at this point
Question applying for tourist visa to china

I have a couple of questions about the application procedure which I'm filling out now. Id be very grateful if someone could advise me on this.

1. It asks if I am a citizen of the country I am resident in (I am not). The it asks "What kind of visa or residence permit of this country or territory do you hold?"
I dont hold a visa or residence permit. Im an EU citizen living in London.
Then it asks for details of your visa/residence permit including permit number etc.
This it says
"Does your visa or residence permit allowing you to return to this country or territory?"
If I say yes it implies I have a residence permit
If I say no it implies I am not allowed to return here from china!
What am I supposed to say to all this?

2. Do I need to include any proof of flights booked or travel plans etc? I dont want to get refused so I want to make sure I include everything I need to.

Thanks

Last edited by tariqbutt; Mar 3rd 2012 at 11:16 am.
Old Mar 9th 2012, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

uk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud of
Default Re: applying for tourist visa to china

I think if you say you "can't" return to UK, then you won't get the Chinese visa ,,,,,,,,,,,full stop.

vette