Accountancy job in HK!

Old Aug 28th 2014, 1:02 am
Just Joined

Moon Traveller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Accountancy job in HK!

Hi,

I live in London and I am new to this forum, hope somebody can help me and direct me to the right direction.

I am a newly qualified ACCA accountant, have been working for a couple of big international companies, I have a job currently as a management accountant, but would love to find a job and move to HK. preferably in this order, first job, then relocation.

Is it possible to find a job outside of HK, from London, in the accountancy area in HK? What shall I do first? I know usually people relocate within the company, but this is not my case, we dont have a branch in HK.

Have somebody done the same?

Thank you!
Old Aug 28th 2014, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

hong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Accountancy job in HK!

Hello and welcome.
The answer to your question will depend to a large extent on your personal circumstances so it would be useful if you could answer the following questions first :-
1. do you have any connection with HK / China ?
2. Do you speak cantonese / mandarin ?
3. Do you have any residency rights in HK ?
4. have you been to HK before ?
5. why do you want to move to HK ?

Last edited by hong_konger; Aug 28th 2014 at 2:00 am.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

Moon Traveller is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hong_konger
Hello and welcome.
The answer to your question will depend to a large extent on your personal circumstances so it would be useful if you could answer the following questions first :-
1. do you have any connection with HK / China ?
2. Do you speak cantonese / mandarin ?
3. Do you have any residency rights in HK ?
4. have you been to HK before ?
5. why do you want to move to HK ?
Hi,

i dont have any business connections with HK/China, couple friends only, but they can't help with visa/jobs.

I dont speak, but willing to start learning cantonese here in london.

no any residency rights.

I was in HK recently on holiday.

I like travelling and live abroad, new experience.

Thank you!
Old Aug 29th 2014, 1:34 am
BE Enthusiast

hong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond repute

ok so you were here on holiday, enjoyed it and would like to live and work here for a while. Well that's as good a reason as any !

The challenge you face will be to find a sufficiently senior job for which a work permit can be obtained. The general rule in HK is that your potential employer needs to demonstrate that the role cannot be filled by a HK resident. However, finance / accountancy is a popular profession in HK and so there will be many HK residents with the level of education, qualification and working experience as you.

Finding a job first and then relocating is definitely the preferred way of doing things.

Good luck.

Last edited by hong_konger; Aug 29th 2014 at 1:36 am.