UK Female With Mexican Fiancé

Old Oct 3rd 2011, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

EmzyD23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Female With Mexican Fiancé

Hey

Need some help and advice from some people. Let me explain my story

I'm 24 years old and i have a 2 year old son by my previous partner, currently in college doing 2 days a week which finishes next June. I'm Engaged to a Mexican who i have known for over a year and has been a family friend for over 5, speaks very good English and passed a English exam back at home. He has a degree in Biochemical Engineering.

We decided that we want to move in with each other after i finished college but need to know what the best way and properly way of doing this is. We want to get married next September or before which i shall be doing over in Mexico has he has a larger family then me, but we want to live back in England due to my son seeing his dad.

Can you please help and advice me on a few questions i have.

1. If i get married in Mexico what type of documents would i need to Marry a Mexican Citizen and vice versa?

2. If my partner was to apply on a working visa would we still be able to get married and vice versa, would he be able to work on a partner visa?

please help, we dont want to be apart for too long, and we need to know the easiest and quickest ways of doing so.
Old Oct 5th 2011, 3:45 am
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Female With Mexican Fiancé

Originally Posted by EmzyD23
Hey

I'm 24 years old and i have a 2 year old son by my previous partner, currently in college doing 2 days a week which finishes next June. I'm Engaged to a Mexican who i have known for over a year and has been a family friend for over 5, speaks very good English and passed a English exam back at home. He has a degree in Biochemical Engineering.

We decided that we want to move in with each other after i finished college but need to know what the best way and properly way of doing this is. We want to get married next September or before which i shall be doing over in Mexico has he has a larger family then me, but we want to live back in England due to my son seeing his dad.

1. If i get married in Mexico what type of documents would i need to Marry a Mexican Citizen and vice versa?

2. If my partner was to apply on a working visa would we still be able to get married and vice versa, would he be able to work on a partner visa?

please help, we dont want to be apart for too long, and we need to know the easiest and quickest ways of doing so.
http://www.mexicolaw.com/Marriage%20in%20Mexico.htm
Old Nov 6th 2011, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by EmzyD23
Hey

Other points relating to UK nationals.

1. If you marry in Mexico and want this to be recognized in the UK, the British national will have to go to their local Registry Office to file for a "Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage Under the Marriage With Foreigners Act 1904" - this states that you are legally allowed to marry a foreigner outside the UK and that this will be recognized by the UK authorities. This document will have to be translated (into Spanish) and apostilled by the UK Government.

2. Your foreign spouse will need to apply to the British Embassy in Mexico City for a Spousal Entry visa - valid for 12 months. This will allow the spouse to live and work in the UK while an application for ILR is made (Indefinite Leave to Remain).

I married a Mexican lass in 2000 - in Mexico - but the laws in the UK may have changed since...best check first!
Old Dec 10th 2011, 11:51 pm
Just Joined

kpno240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: UK Female With Mexican Fiancé

Hi

how is it going for you?

Last year I married a Mexican in Mexico and now we are in England. Msg me back please and i will tell you more about what we did as it is not the same as some of the other advise you have. Also where in Mexico do you want to get married? We married in Puebla and all i needed were blood tests, birth certificate and passport....

I hope all is going well
Old Apr 30th 2012, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

sapphy212 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I am interested in this topic because I want to live with my mexican boyfriend in the UK. Can someone give me more advice on their own experiences with either unmarried partner or married visas? Did anyone get married in Mexico, and how simple was the visa process afterwards? How hard is it to get the unmarried partner visa?

Thanks
Old Nov 4th 2012, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

feldr is an unknown quantity at this point

yes, this is of interest to me also...
Old Aug 8th 2013, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

BennyBoy79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im getting married next yr in Los Mochis and I was told by the judge that I dont need permission to marry or have any blood tests. All i need is my normal birth certificate, passport and FMM visa. Also once im married i can then swap my FMM to the FM3, which is now called Resident Temp. And i dont have to leave the country to apply for it either.
Old Aug 8th 2013, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AdrianR
Other points relating to UK nationals.

1. If you marry in Mexico and want this to be recognized in the UK, the British national will have to go to their local Registry Office to file for a "Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage Under the Marriage With Foreigners Act 1904" - this states that you are legally allowed to marry a foreigner outside the UK and that this will be recognized by the UK authorities. This document will have to be translated (into Spanish) and apostilled by the UK Government.

2. Your foreign spouse will need to apply to the British Embassy in Mexico City for a Spousal Entry visa - valid for 12 months. This will allow the spouse to live and work in the UK while an application for ILR is made (Indefinite Leave to Remain).

I married a Mexican lass in 2000 - in Mexico - but the laws in the UK may have changed since...best check first!
by local registry office, I'm assuming the UK one?
Old Aug 9th 2013, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by feldr
by local registry office, I'm assuming the UK one?
Yup.
Old Aug 9th 2013, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

thought so....

Cheers!
Old Aug 9th 2013, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BennyBoy79
Im getting married next yr in Los Mochis and I was told by the judge that I dont need permission to marry or have any blood tests. All i need is my normal birth certificate, passport and FMM visa.
As I said in my response to your other thread, Benny, marriage is a State matter and each state has its own rules - Sinaloa seems to be light on the regulation. However, Tamaulipas (where I was married in 2000) wanted blood tests, a 'Certificate of No Impediment' and the passports of our witnesses.
Old Sep 14th 2013, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

David.Clark613 is an unknown quantity at this point

Great information, I am hoping to marry a Mexican in Mexico next year. If anyone has any more advice, I would love to get in touch.
Old Dec 27th 2013, 2:19 am
Just Joined

maumeza is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, i wanna know if someone can give me some info about what will i need to get married with my gf she is Scottish and we are planing to live in uk, im Mexican, Im not very sure about all the things we should do, should she start and do something there? or i have to?

thanks alot
Old Dec 27th 2013, 2:20 am
Just Joined

maumeza is an unknown quantity at this point

im in puebla (Mexico) btw
Old Mar 19th 2014, 11:20 am
Just Joined

lisa_lashes04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kpno240
Hi

how is it going for you?

Last year I married a Mexican in Mexico and now we are in England. Msg me back please and i will tell you more about what we did as it is not the same as some of the other advise you have. Also where in Mexico do you want to get married? We married in Puebla and all i needed were blood tests, birth certificate and passport....

I hope all is going well
Hi

I am looking to Marry my Mexican Fiance in Mexico in 2016. We want to live in UK. Can you please give me some advise

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.