Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Central, South America & Mexico
Reload this Page >

UK Fella with Mexican Fiancee, Moving to mexico?

UK Fella with Mexican Fiancee, Moving to mexico?

Old Jul 17th 2007, 4:36 pm
G13
Just Joined

G13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Fella with Mexican Fiancee, Moving to mexico?

Hi There,

I was just looking for some info.

Im a UK Citizen and my fiancee is Mexican. We we looking into her coming to the UK to be with me here, however she has a lot of family in Mexico and we are contemplating living there now. I have read through a number of threads about working and living there.

I have a Software and Electronic Engineering Degree. How would i go about looking to work for an international company there?

How would it work having my wife-to-be being mexican? Any easier for me to get there?

I like the thought of setting up a business in a few years, but wanna be able to get my foot in the door sooner rather than later.

Also anyone have work contacts? Thanks
Old Jul 27th 2007, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

Madmex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Fella with Mexican Fiancee, Moving to mexico?

Hi G13,

I am actually married to a Mexican women and the first year was easy for an FM3 visa. My advice would be (if you are getting married) to remain in England, certainly if you have kids until you are able to afford to come here.

Schooling and medical insurances are very expensive. Take advantage of what the UK offers , NHS, Uni's etc and then when the bulk of the expenses are done move to Mexico.

However having said that I know now how close Mexican families are so it might prove 'mission impossible )

I cannot help you with contacts but I do have a list on my website of European companies working from Monterrey. Just in case I am accused of sending spam you can email me and I will send you the Website. If you have read any of my previous answers you will realize that Monterrey is the industrial centre of Mexico and finding a job with your degree may be easier.

Hope that helps

Last edited by Madmex; Jul 27th 2007 at 7:30 pm.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 1:51 pm
G13
Just Joined

Cheers, thanks for the help. Did your wife ever venture over to the UK? was it easy for her to get entry? We are trying to get a student visa for my fiancee so she can study at uni here while we get ready to get married. I didnt realise medical and school was expensive in Mexico, glad u mentioned it.

Go ahead and stick the website up and if anyone accuses u of spamming it cant really affect us, after all we are with ladies whose tempers exceed the hottest places on earth! lol!

Cheers for the input, how long have u been over there BTW?
Old Jul 31st 2007, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

Madmex is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
The nearest we got back to the UK was just before 7/11 and decided not to risk it

I have read a few conditions about about re entering with a spouse and the usual answer was 'each case is on its own merits' you know the usual routine. I am sure you would have no problem unless you try to get any benefits.

I have a Mexican friend studying in England and he and his wife get the full benefits SS NHS the lot, here I get nothing and have to pay for that

My website is a bit of a mess at the moment as I going to build a new one very shortly but will give you the European companies here.

http://www.britsinmonterrey.com

I was reading some of the letters yesterday in the 'lounge' and the women certainly pull no punches

BTW the weather here at the moment is 30 C and that is cool for this time of the year

If i can help just PM me ( I am not sure but I think there is a contact on the brits page)

Buena suerte
Old Aug 17th 2007, 1:51 pm
G13
Just Joined

mad mex, i just e-mailed you to the address on your website. thanks.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 3:49 am
Just Joined

Mexicanwhite is an unknown quantity at this point

what part of Mexico is your fiance from ?
I live in Guadalajara with my partner and son and yes the families here are very tight. My wife is one of 13 kids, imagine that and all the rest of the family but they are still very close !

If you need anything just call !

Jon
Old Feb 19th 2008, 1:46 am
Just Joined

fermartz is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: UK Fella with Mexican Fiancee, Moving to mexico?

Originally Posted by G13
Hi There,

I was just looking for some info.

Im a UK Citizen and my fiancee is Mexican. We we looking into her coming to the UK to be with me here, however she has a lot of family in Mexico and we are contemplating living there now. I have read through a number of threads about working and living there.

I have a Software and Electronic Engineering Degree. How would i go about looking to work for an international company there?

How would it work having my wife-to-be being mexican? Any easier for me to get there?

I like the thought of setting up a business in a few years, but wanna be able to get my foot in the door sooner rather than later.

Also anyone have work contacts? Thanks

i know ita little late but if its of any assistance my Wife is British and we have lived here for a year now. if there is anything i could do for you to give you any advice let me know. we are from monterrey mexico