South America el gran viaje

Old Aug 28th 2008, 11:26 am
Just Joined

Alexasummers is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up South America el gran viaje

Hello,

I’m 21 and it's my dream to move to South America. I’ve been before and can speak really good Spanish.

I'm from the UK and have a wide range of job experience and qualifications. Does anyone have any advice on what countries would be the best for: finding a job, and simply enjoying the Hispanic chilled out lifestyle?

I’m pretty realistic and have read about the crime, poverty and deprivation of some countries. But I would love to give it a try nonetheless (even if it's to say I’ve done it so no niggling regrets)

Any advice from people with experience or similar ambitions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank-you!
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 2:58 am
Just Joined

canchero is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: South America el gran viaje

Originally Posted by Alexasummers
Hello,

I’m 21 and it's my dream to move to South America. I’ve been before and can speak really good Spanish.

I'm from the UK and have a wide range of job experience and qualifications. Does anyone have any advice on what countries would be the best for: finding a job, and simply enjoying the Hispanic chilled out lifestyle?

I’m pretty realistic and have read about the crime, poverty and deprivation of some countries. But I would love to give it a try nonetheless (even if it's to say I’ve done it so no niggling regrets)

Any advice from people with experience or similar ambitions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank-you!
Hi There, I have travel along South America quite a lot, have lived in Chile and Argentina and visited quite often Brasil. I don't know your background or qualifications, the safest place to live is Chile, it has a wonderful nature that you can explore from North to South. Argentina, specially Buenos Aires is nice and cosmopolitan, I cannot comment on Colombia, Ecuador or Peru to live, but I would not think should be an issue. My option would be Chile.
Cheers,
Canchero
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

MichelleAlison is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: South America el gran viaje

Originally Posted by Alexasummers
Hello,

Thank-you!
Argentina is a wonderful country and with the summer season coming up, you might be able to find work. Saying that, the salaries are so low here, that you would need back-up money to survive, even though the country is cheap in comparison to Europe, salaries are way too low.

I have to say that I have never come across foreign people (except maybe Bolivians and Peruvians) working in restaurants and shops here. As I already said, Europeans wouldn't want to work the long hours that they do here, for so little gain.

Regards

Michelle in Argentina