SERIOUS HELP NEEDED

Old Oct 21st 2010, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

Whyte Knight is just really niceWhyte Knight is just really niceWhyte Knight is just really niceWhyte Knight is just really niceWhyte Knight is just really niceWhyte Knight is just really niceWhyte Knight is just really niceWhyte Knight is just really nice
Default SERIOUS HELP NEEDED

Hi there,
I'm new to the site and really need some advice. I'm just going to list some questions that have come up in conversations between myself and my fiancée.
1) My fiancé is a American national and looking to take early retirement, Panama has everything for both of us.
2) I am a British national and have a while before retirement, but I have no objections to working in Panama. I am a qualified photographer and video photographer, educated to Masters level. However I can turn my hand to most, currently I am a call centre team manager.
3) We are planning to get married. Are there any special requirements regarding citizenship for either of us? Are there any citizenship advantages to being married before moving to Panama?
4) There appears to be a diverse amount of housing in Panama, we have been looking at everything from ready built to cabanas! Question on the cabanas, can you make them a main residential home or is there some locals laws that prevent that? Also, does anyone have any experience with prefab housing?
I would be grateful for any help you can give us. Basically, we need to know what to do!
My e-mail is<<<SNIP>>>
Sincerely
Phil Whyte

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 21st 2010 at 3:04 pm. Reason: email address removed for security reasons
Old Oct 21st 2010, 3:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SERIOUS HELP NEEDED

Hi Phil. You will see I have removed your email address from the above post. If you read through the Site Rules you will see BE does not recommend posting personal details such as phone numbers and email addresses.

I'm moving this thread into our Central and South America forum. The Welcome Inn is purely for welcoming new members to BE and you'll get a much better response to your questions in the C & S America forum.
Old Oct 21st 2010, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

Whyte Knight is just really niceWhyte Knight is just really niceWhyte Knight is just really niceWhyte Knight is just really niceWhyte Knight is just really niceWhyte Knight is just really niceWhyte Knight is just really niceWhyte Knight is just really nice

Sorry,
I didn't read the rules, very sorry. It is a bit of desperation, so i do apologise.
I'm not actually a forum person, the only one I was with was the North East sea Anglers forum, now defunct, and it took me agese to fathom what to do on there.
If I'm not sure I'll ask you before I post.
Cheers
Phil
Old Oct 21st 2010, 3:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Whyte Knight
Sorry,
I didn't read the rules, very sorry. It is a bit of desperation, so i do apologise.
I'm not actually a forum person, the only one I was with was the North East sea Anglers forum, now defunct, and it took me agese to fathom what to do on there.
If I'm not sure I'll ask you before I post.
Cheers
Phil

No problem Phil...this is the only forum I have participated on...I'm sure I'd be like a fish out of water on other forums.

Yes please shout out if you need help with anything.
Old Oct 21st 2010, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

I was just looking at the quote, "The girl out of Yorkshire......."
We are nearly cousins!
Old Oct 21st 2010, 3:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I was just looking at the quote, "The girl out of Yorkshire......."
We are nearly cousins!
Really...I'm from Sheffield. What part of Yorkshire are you from?
Old Oct 21st 2010, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

My Step Son was at Sheffield Uni, I lived near Halam for a of year in the 80's, you know, when the likes of Heaven 17 were big. Home town though is Newcastle.
I loved Sheffield when ever I go> I usually go down once a year to stay with Chris (my stepson) he finished with an engineering degree and never came back.
Did you know Sheffield is the Rome of England?
Old Oct 21st 2010, 4:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

My Step Son was at Sheffield Uni, I lived near Halam for a of year in the 80's, you know, when the likes of Heaven 17 were big. Home town though is Newcastle.
I loved Sheffield when ever I go> I usually go down once a year to stay with Chris (my stepson) he finished with an engineering degree and never came back.
Did you know Sheffield is the Rome of England?
I left Sheffield in the 70's...moved to Cheshire but I always think of it as home. I haven't been back for years...tell a lie I had a quick trip to the Meadowhall Mall a couple of years ago.

Were you there when they built the large roundabout near the uni...it had several mini roundabouts around it? Now that took some navigating.
Old Oct 21st 2010, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

Do you remember the Hole in the Road Roundabout?
Old Oct 21st 2010, 4:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Do you remember the Hole in the Road Roundabout?
I sure do and the fish tank. Everyone used to meet their date by the fish tank.
Old Oct 21st 2010, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

Its all filled in now, the tram runs over where it used to be.
I ended up down there because I worked on "Threads", about the nuclear attack, it was set in Steel Town
Old Oct 21st 2010, 4:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Its all filled in now, the tram runs over where it used to be.
I ended up down there because I worked on "Threads", about the nuclear attack, it was set in Steel Town
Yes I had heard it no longer exists. Keep it to yourself but I vaguely remember trams running over it before there was a hole in the road.

I've seen that film...some great shots of Sheffield...made me homesick. Come on...spill...what did you do...actor...stand in...cameraman...electrician?
Old Oct 21st 2010, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

I was just starting out so was a runner. Lot of hidden now big names in that film. I'm not going to brag but a lot of them went on to other stuff. I was just finding my feet, but it was still an honour to work on it. To me (well if you can say this!) it was the atomic holocaust film going.
Old Oct 21st 2010, 5:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I was just starting out so was a runner. Lot of hidden now big names in that film. I'm not going to brag but a lot of them went on to other stuff. I was just finding my feet, but it was still an honour to work on it. To me (well if you can say this!) it was the atomic holocaust film going.
Now I want to watch it again.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090163/
Old Oct 21st 2010, 5:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I'll give you some links to old threads about Panama. As I said they are old and many of the posters don't seem to be around anymore. If you click on a username you should see a short menu...at the top it says 'View Public Profile'...click on this. At the right hand side of the page you may see an email link...you could always email them for info...explaining that you found them through BE.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ghlight=Panama

Hope this helps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.