Police Check Argentina - ACPO

Old Feb 1st 2010, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

Moonwitch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police Check Argentina - ACPO

That would be great if you could post it. I guess I shall have to approach the embassy. You would think someone official would know. The UK is just as bad as Argentina when it comes to bureaucracy.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

geoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nice

The UK Embassy brochure states:

"Para obtener antecedentes policiales consultar:
www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp
Old Feb 1st 2010, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

Oh yes I did come across this but they can only supply certificates for the countries listed, not Argentina.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

elhombresinnombre is an unknown quantity at this point

This is the relevant paragraph from the the Argentine Embassy website that I quoted earlier:
-------
(Applicants 16 years or older) Certificate of Criminal Records from any country other than the UK (UK certificate is not required) where the applicant has lived during the last five years, for longer than six months...
-------
I really can't see what's so difficult about 'UK certificate is not required'
Old Feb 1st 2010, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

Please tell that to migraciones. My employer has contacted them several times and they are saying that I need the criminal certificate or they can´t process the application. Apparently their lawyer is also saying the same.

It is very frustrating. I´m about to request my criminal record from the metropolitan police as it seems that is the only way to get out of this cycle.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

geoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nice

Argentine Immigration Law takes priority over whatever the UK Embassy imagines the law is. In all the various sub-sections of immigration law (except the application for political asylum) the official pamphlets state that the police antecedent statement must be furnished from the country where the applicant has spent the last five years. My cousin, who spent the five years prior to her own application illegally in Argentina, went to migraciones to "confess" and was told "Cheer up, lucky you! Now you only need the Argentine police antecedents report!"
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

elhombresinnombre is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by geoffreybrooks
Argentine Immigration Law takes priority over whatever the UK Embassy imagines the law is. In all the various sub-sections of immigration law (except the application for political asylum) the official pamphlets state that the police antecedent statement must be furnished from the country where the applicant has spent the last five years. My cousin, who spent the five years prior to her own application illegally in Argentina, went to migraciones to "confess" and was told "Cheer up, lucky you! Now you only need the Argentine police antecedents report!"
Geoffrey, you are the only one in this thread to cite the UK Embassy: everyone else has been referring to Argentine sources or to their own experience.

To recap: The Argentine Embassy in London says an applicant who has been living in the UK for the past five years or more does not need a police check; MichelleAllison who had lived in the UK prior to moving to Argentina applied from Argentina and did not need a police check; I applied in London and I did not need a police check.

Moonwitch: have you lived outside the UK during the past five years? Or have you been travelling from place to place and still maintaining a legal residence status in the UK?
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 11:10 pm
Just Joined

I lived in the UK all my live. Apart from the odd week in Uruguay, since September I have been in Argentina.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

seinman is an unknown quantity at this point

Interesting info, thanks.

I need a criminal records check for my working visa. Can someone advise on whether I require a basic, standard or enhanced check and how I get it? Also, where do I get the criminal check apostiled?

TIA
Old Feb 15th 2010, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

MichelleAlison is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by seinman
Interesting info, thanks.

I need a criminal records check for my working visa. Can someone advise on whether I require a basic, standard or enhanced check and how I get it? Also, where do I get the criminal check apostiled?

TIA
This is the online link http://www.crb.homeoffice.gov.uk, but I couldn't find anything on the website relating to using the CRB for visas etc. Maybe I just missed it.

Regards

Michelle
Old Feb 15th 2010, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

If you are in Britain you should take the document to the Argentine Embassy to have it legalized. There is an alternative procedure through the FCO to obtain the Apostille in Britain.