Panama

Old Jun 24th 2008, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Nicks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Panama

No problem.

here the real estate market is not feeling what is happening in europe and usa. I am thinking about selling, and moving back to euorope. Its for the kids.
If you decide to move, let me know. i will be here for at least 6 to 9 months more

n
Old Jun 24th 2008, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

rubber101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Panama

Thanks,
Cant see things changing,but we all live in hope,if i can be of any help this side of the water you can contact me at [email protected].
All the best
Craig
Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:59 pm
Just Joined

Dagda is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rubber101
Hi
We are looking for any information on Panama & what it may be like to live & work there.
We are a family of 4 ( 2 teenagers) searching for a new life & are looking for the best investment & future prospects to relocate.
If anyone out there can give us an insight to Panama it would be much appreciated.
Thanks All
Lainey
Hi Lainey,
I'm a Scot who has lived in Panama for the past 5+ years. Let me know if I can help in any way. I wouldn't change anything about my life here in Panama but if someone had answered some truthful questions before I started stumbling my way throught the process it might have helped.
My Dad always said "good education is expensive"
Good luck in your quest.
Rab
Old Jan 17th 2009, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

rubber101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: Panama

Hi Rab,
Thanks for your reply. We sort of put our plans for Panama on hold for a while & moved to the Highlands instead, quite a difference huh??
It was really the fact that with 2 teen boys taking them to a totally new culture & enviroment may not have been the best move for them. My husband & myself still have plans to travel in a few year & Panama is still on the agenda. I'm glad that you have found a good life over there, it sounds as if you've managed to settle without too many problems It's a good saying your Dad has though as we've had some expensive lessons ourselves. Keep in touch if you like on [email protected]
Good Luck & you never know we may even bump into you one fine day over there
Lainey
Old Jan 18th 2009, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

Aye right enough there's no more beautiful place on earth than the Highlands but I just couldn't handle the weather. I'm an auld fitba' player and the joints don't like the cold and damp.
As for the boys; if I had kids I would make it mandatory for them to experience different cultures and countries - Atilla the Hun eh? - seriously though, there is no better education than travel and Panama is a great place to rear young. I like it best described as; "welcome to Panama, set your watch back 30 years"
The best of luck with the move.
Rab.
Old Feb 7th 2009, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

madscotsman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Panama Lady
Hi Lainey,

I am from Panama and have lived in UK for some years now with my husband who is from here and one daughter.
Panama is a lovely place to live and recently has become very popular due to packages offered to people wanting to establish in Panama.
The weather is lovely, the people are friendly, there are many possibilities of obtaining a job there as English is the second language and is an asset when searching job opportunities, private schools have very high standards and the fees are not very high and in general terms the cost of living there, in comparison to Britain, is very low.
There are a lot of things to do, places to visit and restaurants to enjoy and the country is politically stable.
The city centre is fantastic, very modern and with beautiful buildings. The countryside is also wonderful. Beaches are as near as 25 minutes away from the city and the mountains are 45 minutes away.

If you are interested, reply to this and I will give you more info.

Cheers,
Hello Panama Lady.
l am new to this type of communication so please bare with me. I am interested in immigrating to Panama. I am working in Iraq/Afghanistan at the mo in an attempt to earn some serious cash which I hope will pay for a new life out in Panama. My wife is Russian and I am a scot with a 16 year old son and I believe that a new passport can be obtained for immigrants who invest money into the country (that would be great for the wife and step son). I would like to start a Oil Palm plantation as near to the coast as possible but I am open to any advise you guys may have. Sorry for the long post. Hope to hear from you! Cheers
Old Feb 10th 2009, 11:25 am
Just Joined

Hi Mike,
I confess I've never heard of it but I'll check into it for you. The only thing I know/remember about the DariƩn area was that ill fated Bank of England venture headed by a Scotsman way back in the 1700's which, I think, led to the Act of Union. It failed when most of them died; maybe they're resurrecting that eh? lol I don't know any Gringos here who venture down there, it's a very remote & hot part of the country.
Good luck in your search, I'll write back if I here anything.
Dagda.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

Hi Mike,
I've never heard the name mentioned down here but thanks for the heads up; No one I know here has ever been to Darien let alone want to live or invest there. I guess if you wanted to "hide" anywhere in Panama, that might be the place. We can only hope that his Karma runs over his dogma eh?
Good luck getting your cash back.
Dagda
Old Jun 21st 2009, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

mytriumph is a name known to allmytriumph is a name known to allmytriumph is a name known to allmytriumph is a name known to allmytriumph is a name known to allmytriumph is a name known to allmytriumph is a name known to allmytriumph is a name known to allmytriumph is a name known to allmytriumph is a name known to allmytriumph is a name known to all

I have recently retired, 3 weeks ago, and Panama is one of the places that interest me. However, I would like to visit for some time, get the feel of the country and it's people, before making up my mind.
I am single ( divorced) and would like to know whether there are any furnished accommodations that could be got in the Boquete area and the prices expected.
Additional info about the town would also be welcome.

Thanks,

Nelson
Old Jun 21st 2009, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

Hi Nelson,
I got notice of your post; congratulations on your recent retirement.
I live in the Boquete area and if you let me know what your travel plans and accommodation needs are I'll probably be able to help you.
Right now we have just ended Summer and we are in that "in between" period before the rainy season starts in a couple of months.
Let me know what you're thinking and I'll be happy to help.
Enjoy the good life eh?
Rab.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

mytriumph is a name known to allmytriumph is a name known to allmytriumph is a name known to allmytriumph is a name known to allmytriumph is a name known to allmytriumph is a name known to allmytriumph is a name known to allmytriumph is a name known to allmytriumph is a name known to allmytriumph is a name known to allmytriumph is a name known to all

I have been away for a few days, enjoying my retirement, so I did not read your message.

Firstly, let me tell you that I have an income of just $1200.00 per month, so this restricts me to what I can do.
I would like to spend some time in Panama City itself, about a month, just to get an idea of what it's like there.
After that I could visit Boquete and also familiarize myself with that part of the country.
My question is, is this at all feasible with my income level.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

Hi Nelson,
Many people year (couples) live comfortably on that kind of income, they don't live high on the hog but they're comfy.
A month in Panama City will cost you more; the hotels there have woken up to the tourist industry and what used to cost $27 now costs $60+ a night. Also, the city is very hot and I'm not sure there's enough to do there for a whole month, a week or so should be more than adequate.
You might want to consider visiting some other areas of Panama instead.
The Boquete area is limited in terms of things to do - people tend to live quietly here rather than go out a great deal but there are some fun things to do as well and you can get to the beach easily enough from here even although we're in the mountains.
Will you be traveling alone? and at what time of the year are you planning this trip; remember our rainy season here in the mountains starts around August and goes through December.
Keep in touch.
Old Jun 29th 2009, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for all the information that you have provided.
Perhaps a week or two in the city is all that I shall spend there.
What other places would you suggest that might be worth visiting.

I intend travelling to Panama sometime in September, right in the middle of your wet season!

Thanks,

Nelson
Old Jun 30th 2009, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

Hi Nelson,
Much of the country will be in the rainy season during Sept but there are some different weather patterns here and a little research should help you plan some trips taking advantage of better weather. There are many places of interest in Panama and again doing a little on line looking will bring these up for you.
It's important to note that Panama has many different climes; the lowlands (Panama city and most beach areas and cities etc) are very hot most of the year but the highlands areas such a Chiriqui etc offer perfect year round temperatures even if they do see quite a bit of rain. For example here in Boquete we enjoy ideal temps all year round but even here we have as many as 7 different micro-climes ranging from very wet to much dryer within a 15 click radius of the town.
So, as you will see, a little time spent on the web will yield a lot of info.
Good luck and keep in touch.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

johndrake is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone
I work in finance in London and have now had enough of it all (weather and work) and am very interested in moving to Panama and making a living through day-trading futures (this is how I now make most of my money).
My concern is that I have three kids aged 2 to 9 and I wonder how Panama would be as a place to grow up and how good the school options are? I am also finding it very hard on the net to get an idea of how safe the city real would be for a family?
Also, how good is internet access? Is fast broadband available and is it always there or it it patchy?
thanks for any tips you might have
thanks!
John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.