Moving Furnture From UK To Mexico

Old Oct 23rd 2014, 8:09 pm
BDR
Just Joined

BDR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving Furnture From UK To Mexico

I have moved to Zapopan Guadalajara Jalisco. I now want to move my furniture from Surrey UK to Guadalajara. However all UK removers so far have said they can only quote me for delivery to the ports in either Altamira Veracruz or Lazaro Cardenas on the Pacific Coast and it would then be my responsibility to clear customs and organize onward transportation to Guadalajara. Some transporters subcontract the Mexican transport to a third party but I am still responsible for customs clearance. Some of the online reviews of these companies performance have been less than favourable.

Can any other member here recommend a transporter from the UK who can either handle the entire removal door to door or who at least has reliable third parties in Mexico who can handle the collection from the port of entry and deliver to my home without me having to travel to the port?

I would appreciate any help that can be offered
Old Nov 30th 2014, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

Ex-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving Furnture From UK To Mexico

I am sure it would be cheaper to buy new in Zapopan.
Old Dec 1st 2014, 1:09 am
Just Joined

fruitball is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah. Wht Ex-pat said.
Old Dec 13th 2014, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to behold

Buy new.
It cost us around $3000 to ship from Felixstowe to Altamira (which is in Tamaulipas, BTW - it's the container side of the Port of Tampico). As the mrs was Mexican we avoided import duties but had to pay about another $2500 for port movements, unloading and onward carriage.

It wasn't really worth it.
Old Apr 4th 2015, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

jeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdrianR
Buy new.
It cost us around $3000 to ship from Felixstowe to Altamira (which is in Tamaulipas, BTW - it's the container side of the Port of Tampico). As the mrs was Mexican we avoided import duties but had to pay about another $2500 for port movements, unloading and onward carriage.

It wasn't really worth it.
Hi
Curious why you moved from mexico to canada, I have mexico on the short list for retirement options.
Would love to hear your thoughts
Cheers
Jerry