MOVING TO BRAZIL

Old Mar 24th 2008, 11:17 pm
Just Joined

iwantsun has a brilliant futureiwantsun has a brilliant futureiwantsun has a brilliant futureiwantsun has a brilliant futureiwantsun has a brilliant futureiwantsun has a brilliant future
Default MOVING TO BRAZIL

does anyone have any experience with getting residency in brazil we are looking to buy a small house and a small bar we are both in our early 30,s and just really want a different way of life ,,are there any reasons we wouldnt get residency visa,s .the plan is to rent for a while then buy some land and build a house close to the beach ,then set up a bar in the tourist areas just to bring in a bit of money ,,any help would be most appreciated
lisa
Old Mar 25th 2008, 1:14 pm
Account Closed

camelo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MOVING TO BRAZIL

hi lisa,
all what you need is 50.000 dollars to invest for you to get the residency in brasil,i do live in rio,but that is not the place to live or have a business,more better for you were all the expats are is fortaleza,natal,joao pessoa,arriaol dájuda,is north east of brasil,lovely weather all year long,there is direct flights from europe and cheap.life is cheaper,is right time to invest in brasil,because the properties are still cheap,and the dollar is low.anyway,my suggestion is better for you to come and visit few places,because is difficult for someone from outside to give you an idea.but there is the brasilian web cosulate,in english ,explaining everything,how to get the residency,even before moving from were you are,and then there is web;www.gringoes.com,you´ll have the forum,were people talking about the good and bad experiences,please don´t believe everything,because some of them are illegal or come with nothing,and want have good life without doing anything.here you are,i hope this message,will help you a little bit,if you need more information,don´t hesitate to contact me in my private message box.good luck and all best.i´m sure you´ll be fine.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

iwantsun has a brilliant futureiwantsun has a brilliant futureiwantsun has a brilliant futureiwantsun has a brilliant futureiwantsun has a brilliant futureiwantsun has a brilliant future

hi

so when you say invest $50k does that mean you have to put £50k into a business such as actaully building a bar rather than renting would that work,,are the goverment expecting propery prices to be rising by much in the next few years and if so what is the forcast ,,we are really not planning on this move for at least another 18months ,,we want to learn the language [well at least try] and we also still have commitments in the uk ,what would you say we could expect ot pay for a small beachside property the perfect plan would be to by the land and build a house so for that we would want to be confident wiht the language so as to deal with lawyers ,architects ,builders and so on and so fourth we have been getting imformation we could easily self build a 2bedroom place on the beach for
£50k,,we would love to be able to find pictures of examples of such properties online ,but just seem to find apartment blocks the same old crappy houses you get everywhere,,sorry to babble on any thoughts on any of this ,i really appreciate your time

lisa
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:54 pm
Account Closed

camelo is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,
50.000 dollars to invest,it means to buy your business,and for the house prices,yes,they are on rise gradually,but not like in england within months like madness,and 50.000 pounds,that will buy you land and build your house of your choice,but if you can visit brasil is better than having a look at the website,because they a lot of lands and nice buildings you don´t see.they are a lot of english speaking and honest,as well for architects.
what region of brasil you looking for?because they are other nice places,on beach side were are only few foreigners,enjoying their life with locals.but saying that,i won´t advice to go for that,because,you like to open your little business,were is more touristic with foreigners.you doing the right thing,by investigating 18 months before.you can always buy land,it is possible,and leave it till when you decide to come over and build your house.or another idea,buy a flat or something,leave it to value for 18 months,then sell it.
did you look at the website i gave you?
all best.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iwantsun
hi

so when you say invest $50k does that mean you have to put £50k into a business such as actaully building a bar rather than renting would that work,,are the goverment expecting propery prices to be rising by much in the next few years and if so what is the forcast ,,we are really not planning on this move for at least another 18months ,,we want to learn the language [well at least try] and we also still have commitments in the uk ,what would you say we could expect ot pay for a small beachside property the perfect plan would be to by the land and build a house so for that we would want to be confident wiht the language so as to deal with lawyers ,architects ,builders and so on and so fourth we have been getting imformation we could easily self build a 2bedroom place on the beach for
£50k,,we would love to be able to find pictures of examples of such properties online ,but just seem to find apartment blocks the same old crappy houses you get everywhere,,sorry to babble on any thoughts on any of this ,i really appreciate your time

lisa
You would have to show 50k as available money, likely bringing such money into the country for investment in a business. There may also be requirements for local hires, but not sure. You are far better calling the Brazilian Consulate and speaking to someone who can give you accurate and current information. They might even send you a package of information. Asking people here is taking a shortcut that could cause you problems. Get it from the horses mouth. The consulate.

I agree with the other poster, Rio is not the place. I'd think in terms of Florianopolis, but Fortaleza is fine too. Things move at a very different pace in Brazil and you can expect frustration to set in to some degree. In many areas they are in no hurry to complete what you want.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 6:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by camelo
hi,
50.000 dollars to invest,it means to buy your business,and for the house prices,yes,they are on rise gradually,but not like in england within months like madness,and 50.000 pounds,that will buy you land and build your house of your choice,but if you can visit brasil is better than having a look at the website,because they a lot of lands and nice buildings you don´t see.they are a lot of english speaking and honest,as well for architects.
what region of brasil you looking for?because they are other nice places,on beach side were are only few foreigners,enjoying their life with locals.but saying that,i won´t advice to go for that,because,you like to open your little business,were is more touristic with foreigners.you doing the right thing,by investigating 18 months before.you can always buy land,it is possible,and leave it till when you decide to come over and build your house.or another idea,buy a flat or something,leave it to value for 18 months,then sell it.
did you look at the website i gave you?
all best.
you ruined the link because you connected another word with it. www.gringoes.com
Old Mar 25th 2008, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

hi again
thanks for you speedy response ,,yes we had already bean looking on that website,,so do you buy the land already with planning permission,, what would we expect to pay for a piece of land we are looking to move the fortaleza area are there tourist areas in this region ,,we would like to have a home a few miles out of town and ideally right on the beach we would like a few neighbours but no totally overcrowded and also somwhere that isnt planned to have major devepments built we have a dog and would also love to keep animals around so something with good vegitation ,basically we wnat it all what do you think ,,buying another piece of land and building a bar wouldn,t that be classed as investing

lisa
Old Mar 25th 2008, 6:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

hi again
thanks for you speedy response ,,yes we had already bean looking on that website,,so do you buy the land already with planning permission,, what would we expect to pay for a piece of land we are looking to move the fortaleza area are there tourist areas in this region ,,we would like to have a home a few miles out of town and ideally right on the beach we would like a few neighbours but no totally overcrowded and also somwhere that isnt planned to have major devepments built we have a dog and would also love to keep animals around so something with good vegitation ,basically we wnat it all what do you think ,,buying another piece of land and building a bar wouldn,t that be classed as investing

lisa

why don't you try this. It sure beats asking a stranger on an internet board..who does not work for the Brazilian Government, as far as I know

http://www.brazilsf.org/biz_eng.htm
Old Mar 27th 2008, 8:35 am
Just Joined

GringoTom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
i would take a holiday to Fortaleza and spend some time there, i have been living there on a regular basis for the last 4 years. It has changed hell of a lot in this short time period, property prices massively driven up and in my opinion way over priced, generally it is more expensive than it was. The sky line from the beach resembles the high rises and of Benidorm and very very compact. As for opening any business especially a bar i would not rush into it, i know of a few gringos who have tried this and failed, gringos are open season regardless of what anyone say's to you. I have noticed that crime is on the increase 1 reason many more tourist are now visiting Fortaleza. There are great beaches for chilling or water sports excellent nightlife shopping centres and very nice areas to live i.e. Aldeota. I will be going back next month probably for our last month (living there) we are looking to re-locate back to my wifes home place Florianopolis, my favourite location from my experience of Brazil. Dont let me put you of the place i do enjoy Fortaleza but time for a change. Drop me a line if you need any more info.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 10:56 am
Just Joined

hiya
we are not tied into fortaleza pretty much anywhere on the coast we live on the coast in the uk ,we only moved here 15months ago from the midlands , we moved here as a self test to see if we could make a break from family and friends now we feel comfortable we really want to move where the sun shines all year round,we are planning a trip over christmas for around a month to do some research and are just trying to get some pointers from people in the know we ahve tried to contact the consulate in london and are still awaiting a response ,,so do have any recomendations for still developing or to be developed in the future areas you say a lot of people fail at bars ,we will be paying for our house and the bar and still have quite substantial savings going on brazilian incomes ,so the income we will need be minimum,i am hoping to maybe get a few little businesses off the ground within a few years we,re not moving to retire we still have many working years in us ,,first and foremost it is the language we plan to master we are starting now and we plan to move in around 2 years time so well within a year of living there we should be quite adapted to the lingo we plan to spend the 1st 12months just addapting to the the country before we start any form of business, besides the 1st 12months is for fishing i,m hoping for very good fishing

richard
Old Mar 28th 2008, 12:19 am
Just Joined

before i forget.............

is it a safe country to live in we seem to see all over the tv that south america is over run with gangs or is this just hype,,what are the crime rates like ,every place has good and bad areas but how bad is bad is there a gun culture like the states? is it likely that we could be targeted being new to the country ,,does brazil have good medical care whats the cost of health insurance,,

sorry to be a pain but if anyone could answer some of these questions that would be great

R + L
Old Mar 28th 2008, 12:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

before i forget.............

is it a safe country to live in we seem to see all over the tv that south america is over run with gangs or is this just hype,,what are the crime rates like ,every place has good and bad areas but how bad is bad is there a gun culture like the states? is it likely that we could be targeted being new to the country ,,does brazil have good medical care whats the cost of health insurance,,

sorry to be a pain but if anyone could answer some of these questions that would be great

R + L

Brazil can be extremely dangerous. Especially Rio and Sao Paulo. It is common in Sao Paulo to not stop for lights at night if you do not want your car stolen at gun point. Among other risks. Last year, I believe it was, there was a running war between gangs and the Police that took place on the streets, including burned buses that passengers barely escaped from including gun fights in the streets. There is immense poverty in Brazil and Rio and Sao Paulo, for two examples, are ringed by favelas filled with the poor. Violence can be common.

It was said by someone before to avoid Rio, and I agree. Smaller cities have fewer problems, but more than you might be accustomed to.

The Police are not well paid and not always honest.

In South America the country with the most stable situation, the most honest police and the pretty much least crime is Chile. Peru is dangerous if you are not careful. I have been to all three places, my wife is Peruvian and I spend much time there and know to exercise caution in some situations.

All of this been said, I love Brazil and the people there. It is what you make of it. I feel the same about Peru and Chile.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 12:42 am
Just Joined

HI

yes a lot of places all over the world are very violent we have gang problems now in th uk but maybe not as wide spread i suppose its just about getting to know a few people and learning the do,s and dont,s ...are you brazilian ?
we speak to people in the uk about moving to brazil and all we get is how violent it is but we dont believe all that and we really want to live there
Old Mar 28th 2008, 12:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HI

yes a lot of places all over the world are very violent we have gang problems now in th uk but maybe not as wide spread i suppose its just about getting to know a few people and learning the do,s and dont,s ...are you brazilian ?
we speak to people in the uk about moving to brazil and all we get is how violent it is but we dont believe all that and we really want to live there
I am not Brazilian. I have been there more than a few times, and have friends there. You need to accept that the level of violence is more than what you have seen. It is a function of the extreme poverty that exists in the large cities.

Read this about Rio and also about travel in rural and less populated areas.

https://www.osac.gov/Reports/report.cfm?contentID=63544

And very similar for Sao Paulo

https://www.osac.gov/Reports/report.cfm?contentID=62452

Another good read.

http://www.zonalatina.com/Zldata194.htm

On the other hand, Florianopolis is much safer and I highly recommend it.
http://www.liveabroad.com/articles/brazil.html
Old Mar 28th 2008, 1:02 am
Just Joined

where is florianopolis and what are the house prices like there does it have potential for us to start a business ,,does it have much of a tourist industry ,,i took your advice on contacting the consulate i,m still waiting for a reply although we are trying to get a real feel for the place from real people who live there or know the area as opposed to the official view point ,,we start learning the language as from next week and we are well prepared to put in 100% do you have any idea what it would cost to open a bar over there and realisticly how much would we be looking at for monthly living expenses we want to live a quite basic life neither of us drink or smoke ,this move is all about a complete life change we want a bit of land with loads of fruit trees and all that sort of thing we want to live the peasent life but with a swimming pool

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.