Moving to Argentina

Old Aug 6th 2008, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

MichelleAlison is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Moving to Argentina

Hola Fernando,

Just a quick message as I am on my way out. When you say what documentation do you you need, are you talking about your family and if so, where were they born.

Will post some information over the weekend.

Where in London are you?

Saludos

Michelle
Old Aug 6th 2008, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

MILNGAVIE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Argentina

Originally Posted by Fernando Solorzano
Sorry Michelle, I forgot to place that info

I am coming from London, to be honest I also would like to know what paper work i need to do, if you know about it.I am argentinian and I have been living here since 2002.

Thanks
Hi Fernando

I would recommend that you get a few quotes from several reputable International removal firms and ones which are BAR registered.
They will keep you right regarding what paper work you will need to have in place,one of which will be a proof of residency in the UK, which you can get from the Argentina Consulate in London.
Just to give you an idea of what you should expect to pay. For sole use of a 20 foot container for a door to door service (recommended) around £3500 including insurance of your contents.This will also include professional packing and unpacking of your goods as well as customs clearance in port at BsAs, delivery usually takes about six weeks.
We used a fantastic Glasgow firm (Gerards) but I am sure there must be lots of good ones in London.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

Fernando Solorzano is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Argentina

Hi Michelle and MILNGAVIE

First of all, thank you very much for your help. I will look at the company that MILNGAVIE sugestted to have a better view how it works. At the moment I have found a company called shipit.com so I have a price from them but i am not really happy with that. (6 cubic meter containe 1450 pounds).
Michelle I live in North London (close to seven sister station) and I will be moving to north of Argentina (Tucuman).
MILNGAVIE, Do you know if i can take a car with me? is it to expensive ? is to many paper work to be done?.

Guys I do really appreciate your help.

Fernando
Old Aug 14th 2008, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

MichelleAlison is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Moving to Argentina

Originally Posted by Fernando Solorzano
Hi Michelle and MILNGAVIE

First of all, thank you very much for your help. I will look at the company that MILNGAVIE sugestted to have a better view how it works. At the moment I have found a company called shipit.com so I have a price from them but i am not really happy with that. (6 cubic meter containe 1450 pounds).
Michelle I live in North London (close to seven sister station) and I will be moving to north of Argentina (Tucuman).
MILNGAVIE, Do you know if i can take a car with me? is it to expensive ? is to many paper work to be done?.

Guys I do really appreciate your help.

Fernando
Hi Fernando, I grew up in Stamford Hill, just up the road from Seven Sisters. Anyway, you are moving a long way from us - we are in Mar del Plata.

You asked about documents, but you never said what documents you were talking about. Do you still need help with regard to the documents?

With regard to taking a car, as the prices of cars are falling in the UK at the moment, it might be viable, but I don't know about the paperwork.

Saludos

Michelle