Mexico City

Old Jan 20th 2007, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

ILoveMexico is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mexico City

Hi,

Good website, wish I would have found it some time ago.

I moved to Mexico City and cannot believe how much fun and how great the people are, absolutely love it, just wondering if there was many more Brits over here, it does not get a great write-up anywhere, but it should.

Anyone want to chat,
Old Jan 20th 2007, 6:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mexico City

My British blokey is in town for a few days work....he works for a company based in San Diego. Can I suggest that you remove your email address, cos you'll get loads of spam.

cheers
Old Feb 8th 2007, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

Cancun Ken is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Im not in Mexico City but in Cancun.Any other Brits out there?
Tracey
Old Feb 18th 2007, 4:59 pm
Julian

julianm is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I'd really like to hear more about your life in DF! I'm planning move to Jalsico this summer to start a small business (DF is a little too big for me to handle!) and maybe settle down long-term. Are you studying/working or just chilling there? And what kind of level of spanish do you think is required to get the most out of life there?

Saludos,
Julian

Originally Posted by ILoveMexico
Hi,

I moved to Mexico City and cannot believe how much fun and how great the people are, absolutely love it, just wondering if there was many more Brits over here, it does not get a great write-up anywhere, but it should.

Anyone want to chat,
Old Feb 21st 2007, 12:51 am
Just Joined

Brian031168 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

You are not alone in your opinion of México City, I have been living here for nearly 6 years now and can't imagine ever leaving.
To be honest I am not even sure why I love it here so much It has just felt like home since the first time I visited.

Feel free to contact me if you want to chat about your experiences.

Brian
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 1:35 pm
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ILoveMexico
Hi,

Anyone want to chat,
Hiya,

I just left Mexico City. We're relocating now to New Zealand, but I wanted to look through the board and see if anyone lived in MC. I LOVED it there. No, it doesn't have a good write up, I was terrified when my husband suggested moving there for work AND I'm not a city girl at all. But it really did feel like home to me. My husband and I loved it very much. Its so got so much character and life. We lived in Polanco, and I had a lot of friends there. I used to walk my daughter to school everyday through the park and I enjoyed it so much, as did she. I'm glad that other people are loving it so much, it really is a vibrant place. Enjoy every second of it! If we could have stayed longer, we would have, but sadly it wasn't meant to be. Neither of us have ruled out the possibility of going back in the future though.

Hope it continues to work out for you!

Nikki x
Old Mar 13th 2007, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

kirk_mat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I'm living in Cancun aswell, looking to meet more Brits. I'm thinking of opening a pub aswell, but don´t know if there is the british population in the centre of cancun to support it, what do you reckon???
Mat
Old Mar 19th 2007, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

Sharon2007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cancun Ken
Hi
Tracey
We're looking at moving from Phoenix to Acapulco -it's refreshing and I am relieved to see that it's not all doom and gloom like most people make out!! We're here on an E2 and are tired of the uncertainty and are looking for a quality of life as well - if I don't I may well turn into an alchoholic or drop dead of a heart attack!! It has to be more than making money!!!!!!
Sharon2007
Old Mar 20th 2007, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

Abayomi99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, I'm glad you are enjoying it here, hopefully we can chat, it would be nice to be able to talk to someone from across the ocean
Anna.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Mexico City

Hello everybody, just looking for people to chat to, if anyone is open to it I'm around and my messenger information is up on the profile. Take care!
Anna
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

ellapops is just really niceellapops is just really niceellapops is just really niceellapops is just really niceellapops is just really niceellapops is just really niceellapops is just really niceellapops is just really nice

Hi Everyone,

My husband I have spent two years looking into USA immigration (we wanted to relocate from UK to Arizona) Looks like it's a no go for us! I have been to Mexico and was thinking this may be a good second choice for us to consider. Can any one living in Mexico give us some information/tips/experiences about 1) Mexican immigration. What are the procedures? Guidelines? Accessability to foreign nationals? 2) What's it like to live there. Good and bad points? 3) In your opinion nice places to live?
We have a young daughter (16 months old) Does anyone have any points of view about bringing up a small child there?

Would be great to hear from people

Jules
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

kirk_mat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Immigration is pretty easy here, if you have a job offer you can get an FM3, if not come as a tourist and get an FM3 rentista, which basically means you are here supporting yourself with money from the U.K. Bringing up a child here is good, I find the maxican family values much better than in the U.K now, and kids can remain kids a lot longer (obviously depending on you and the environment). What do you do for work?? Puebla is a lovely multicultural city with plenty of jobs. Its a little hard to reply when I am not sure what you want to do for work, and remember if you are not an engineer or something you are not going to make much money. I work for a company in Cancun on their website and make 30,000 pesos a month, plenty to live on here. give us more info. please and check out my site.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

Hello Ellapops, if you give me a few days I can find the information you need, I have never actually used it since I have a Mexican passport However, some friends of mine relocated here recently so I can get everything from them.
As for your question about bringing children up here, I grew up here and work with small children so I can give you insight into what it is like to grow up here and the schooling situation. In a nutshell, Mexico City is like any other big city, and as such it has the same problems any other big city has. This is counteracted by the fact that the people are friendly and welcoming. The quality of life here is also considered to be better here than in the US. People are more relaxed and less formal and our food has been tampered with less (ie, fewer hormones in meats, and less chemicals used for the fruit and vegetables) The fact that we have the climate to grow pretty much any fruit and vegetable here means you can get them all year. When in season things are really cheap, they do go up a little though when off season.
Unfortunately, unlike the UK, government schools here are really not an option. However, our private schools are very very good, although expensive, so that will have to be a consideration when doing a budget. Personally I went both to the British School in Mexico City and then to the American School, the first one is a more laid back environment, and the second, while a little stricter, has incredible facilities, including a pool and tennis courts and incredible teachers, many of them foreigners. Students who graduate from the American School are accepted by top universities all over the world. A huge plus for your daughter will be the fact she is growing up in a foreign country, exposed to another language and culture. She will be completely bilingual and comfortable when coming into close contact with other cultures.
With regards to health care, you will find pretty much anything you want here, if you like the allopathic form of medicine there are good hospitals and good doctors available. Homeopathy is also very strong here, doctors are good and the medications are easy to get a hold of, as opposed to countries like the US where you need a prescription for Arnica cream.
If you would like me to find information for you or would like to talk some more my email is <<snip>>, and I check the forum every day, so either way you are likely to be able to get a hold of me I hope I have given you enough information for you to seriously consider Mexico as an option. Anna Veronica.

Last edited by Sue; Jan 8th 2008 at 3:27 pm. Reason: email address removed for privacy
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
My British blokey is in town for a few days work....he works for a company based in San Diego. Can I suggest that you remove your email address, cos you'll get loads of spam.

cheers
Thanks,

Just read the message
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Cancun Ken
Hi
Tracey
Hi Tracey,
i love Cancun, been there twice, have you visited Chitchen Izta and Tulum, very enjoyable.

Sorry for the delay, I had not checked the site, since logging in, and have travelled a lot on business, thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.