Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Central, South America & Mexico
Reload this Page >

Inspection visit to to Panama - any forum feedback welcome !

Inspection visit to to Panama - any forum feedback welcome !

Old Jul 6th 2010, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

the swimmer is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Inspection visit to to Panama - any forum feedback welcome !

Hi Forum.......new starter here !

Having followed the forum traffic on Panama for most of the year, I've decided to bite the bullet, put my money where my mouth is, buy a flight & come see for myself over Xmas/New Year 2010.

My intention is as a first pass, to try and get a feel for Panama as a potential early retirement destination. By that I mean travel as much as can reasonably be fitted into 21 days, meet like minded people (not just expat Brits) who have taken the plunge and to hear what its like relocating to & living in Panama.

OK, so its also my get out of UK for Xmas 3 week holiday but I believe you've got to go visit a place if nothing else to say that you've been and experience what comes your way.

I have some ideas about areas that sound like my sort of place such as Chiriqui, Bocas del Toro, Coronado, El Valle, Boquete, Volcan for starters but I going to keep an open mind as much as possible.

So, as a first time visitor (Brit, Male, 54yrs, single) to Panama, I welcome any forum input between now and Xmas that might help me make the most of a 3 week stay in Panama.

cheers

jldolphin