British?

Old May 9th 2013, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

BlackHawkDown is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British?

I know that this site was intended for British expats, but I know there must be others on here who are expats from other countries.

I am an expat from Canada staying in Mexico.

Are there any other Canadian or American expats in Mexico on here?
Old May 11th 2013, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

elhombresinnombre is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British?

Originally Posted by BlackHawkDown
I know that this site was intended for British expats, but I know there must be others on here who are expats from other countries.

I am an expat from Canada staying in Mexico.

Are there any other Canadian or American expats in Mexico on here?
I'm sure you'll be made most welcome on here. Let's face it, most Brits haven't got used to the idea that we don't still run places like Australia, NZ and Canada, anyway!
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 1:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British?

Originally Posted by elhombresinnombre
I'm sure you'll be made most welcome on here. Let's face it, most Brits haven't got used to the idea that we don't still run places like Australia, NZ and Canada, anyway!
When I first left Australia (fifty years ago!) it was with a Passport that read "British Passport" at the top and "Australia" at the bottom!

Years later, living here in the British colony of Cayman Islands in the Caribbean, I applied for a "British Passport - Dependent Territories". The application was turned down on the grounds that I was already British. Some years after that, when Hong Kong was safely out of the Empire, I was allowed to apply again, this time for a "British Passport - Overseas Territories". That was granted, with no argument. That in turn allowed me to get myself a UK/EU Passport. I now have them both.

(Since, I let my Aussie Passport lapse, and am now British to the bootstraps, as an Oz Prime Minister used to say of himself, silly bugger.)