Brazil Property Query

Old Mar 10th 2007, 9:34 pm
Banned

Sally49 will become famous soon enough
Default Brazil Property Query

Is there anybody out there who has bought any property through a company called Brazil Property Services Ltd, who used to be based in Swindon?

I have bought an apartment on a development called Cancun Villas with this company and it's taking a long, long time to get my deeds from them. I'm hoping to get in touch with someone else who may have bought on this development or from this company.

If you know of them, please get in touch.
Old Apr 8th 2007, 9:34 am
Just Joined

EnglishBrazil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brazil Property Query

Hi Sally

Yes I have also bought a Apartment on Itacimirim beach Cancun Villas. and yes it does seem to take for ever. :curse:
Old May 18th 2007, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

barryo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sally49
Is there anybody out there who has bought any property through a company called Brazil Property Services Ltd, who used to be based in Swindon?

I have bought an apartment on a development called Cancun Villas with this company and it's taking a long, long time to get my deeds from them. I'm hoping to get in touch with someone else who may have bought on this development or from this company.

If you know of them, please get in touch.
I too have purchased a property at Cancun Villa's from Brazil Property Services. Initially, they could always be contacted via phone or email, and appeared to be reliable.....HOWEVER !......since they have received payment from me they have become extremely difficult to reach. I have been trying for over 2 weeks to get any response from them regarding a few queries I have.

I'm sure there are many others who are in the same situation. Apparently BPS have sold all properties at Cancun Villa's, with reportedly 45% of them to the investment market. Now that BPS has my money, they don't return calls or respond to emails. They have numerous telephone numbers that are never answered. To help others, here are all the numbers I have found for them

UK
07833 9776622
0845 4586223
0845 4586224
0207 1934434
01793 702645

Brazil
+55 71 6740192
+55 71 36760376
+55 71 87025071
Old Jul 29th 2007, 3:52 am
Just Joined

shinglewood is an unknown quantity at this point

guys
how did this go.....beware if you ever want to sell this you will need a registered CPF document in brasil.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 9:29 am
Just Joined

oasis108 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by barryo
I too have purchased a property at Cancun Villa's from Brazil Property Services. Initially, they could always be contacted via phone or email, and appeared to be reliable.....HOWEVER !......since they have received payment from me they have become extremely difficult to reach. I have been trying for over 2 weeks to get any response from them regarding a few queries I have.

I'm sure there are many others who are in the same situation. Apparently BPS have sold all properties at Cancun Villa's, with reportedly 45% of them to the investment market. Now that BPS has my money, they don't return calls or respond to emails. They have numerous telephone numbers that are never answered. To help others, here are all the numbers I have found for them

UK
07833 9776622
0845 4586223
0845 4586224
0207 1934434
01793 702645

Brazil
+55 71 6740192
+55 71 36760376
+55 71 87025071
What happened with this? Did you manage to get in touch with the developer in the end?
Old Oct 9th 2008, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

alexis marchand is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Sally,

I bought 2 studios in the Palm Breeze development (which is now Bellamina. you can see the development at www.dd-brasil.com) 1 year and half ago and i still have no contract (deed?). I would like to know if you have the same problem?

the funny thing is that Bob Steele (i am sure you know him - the sale director) called me today to offer me to buy another development close by the Bellamina (ex palm breeze) . I told him i would surely do nothing until i have the contract of my first purchase. I find it very strange we still don't have it. when i asked him about it he told me that it was because of the move from one place to another place (of the resort) and they could not issue the contract until the local institution approves the move.

rgds,
Alexis
Old Oct 10th 2008, 4:42 am
Just Joined

shinglewood is an unknown quantity at this point

guys
Brasil is frought with rediculous bureaucracy......whwtever you believe in time multply by 10 at least.....if it actually happens. The stamps and approvals for propo\erty acquisition makes most people actually give up!!....sorry to be so negative....great place and i havea house there but now sometimes wish i did not.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 6:42 pm
Account Closed

camelo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shinglewood
guys
Brasil is frought with rediculous bureaucracy......whwtever you believe in time multply by 10 at least.....if it actually happens. The stamps and approvals for propo\erty acquisition makes most people actually give up!!....sorry to be so negative....great place and i havea house there but now sometimes wish i did not.
hi shinglewood.
you are quite right.the portuguese system bureaucracy is not us.what i suggest for the expats,is to come and stay 6 months(if they have time),buy a property of their choice,clear any doubt with the papers,then back home.do not buy a property at the exhibitions abroad or through an estate agent in uk,without knowing the place.because some of the people did,and didn´t even know how they will end up.be wise guys
Old Dec 11th 2008, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

BRASILIANT is an unknown quantity at this point

Any news on this subject?

I´ve just joined this community and came across this thread. I´m an expat (not british) living in Brazil since 2000.

Did anyone of you, who bought from the comany (companies) mentioned, travel to Brazil to see for yourself the property you bought? Or did you had only contact to the compay?

It´s right Brazilian bureaucracy or burrocracia as it´s called here, is very slow and involves a lot of paperwork. And it´s very difficult to check things from abroad.

Old Jan 7th 2009, 10:51 am
Just Joined

Timm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shinglewood
guys
how did this go.....beware if you ever want to sell this you will need a registered CPF document in brasil.
CPF is not difficult to get!
Old Feb 16th 2009, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Porteno is an unknown quantity at this point

There's something else you should be beware of when buying a property in Brazil. Foreigners cannot legally buy and use a beach property within 100 metres of the mean tide level. Inland you can't own property within 100 metres of the frontier with a neighbouring country. What I mean is, you can buy the property but it will not be 'habilitado', in other words you can't use it or sell it and you don't get the deeds. To do this requires the express approval of the President of Brazil (not easy to get).
Old Apr 14th 2009, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

marelli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brazil - not on the beach

Hi
Thanks very much for that info..We were thinking of buying a beach bar and were informed by the estate agents that we could buy it under a brazilian LTDA company name and thus qualify for permanent residence. Please could you point us towards where this missing fact is written into Law so we can quiz the estate agent further? Maybe there is some loophole or another way around this?
We can see the reason why the law would exist but its a shame we werent told upfront.
Many thanks again for this info.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

Porteno is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brazil - not on the beach

Originally Posted by marelli
Hi
Thanks very much for that info..We were thinking of buying a beach bar and were informed by the estate agents that we could buy it under a brazilian LTDA company name and thus qualify for permanent residence. Please could you point us towards where this missing fact is written into Law so we can quiz the estate agent further? Maybe there is some loophole or another way around this?
We can see the reason why the law would exist but its a shame we werent told upfront.
Many thanks again for this info.
I'm sorry, but I am not aware of any loopholes, nor can I quote the law concerned. I don't live in Brazil nowadays, but I remember a colleague of mine who got caught in this and eventually was lucky enough to get the official authorisaton of the president. I should mention that he was the CEO of a very important multi-national pharmaceutical company that was Brazil's sole manufacturer of penicillin at that time, so he was in a kind of privileged position. As in all of Latin America, there is sure to be some way round the problem, but it might be expensive!

I wish you luck and think you'll need it.
Old May 18th 2009, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

timatthebeach is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Marelli,

I live and work part of the year in Brazil. I can only tell you what I know.

In respect of limited (ltda) company you may start one to run a brazillian business no problem BUT there are 2 issues you now (they changed rules earlier this year) must employ (or aim to with a written business plan) some brazillians and need to show a viable business for the visa to continue. the reason for this is many foreigners buying properties as an invetsment to get reidencia and no benefit to brazil as a whole - i.e no tax to govt

The other HUGE issue is until you get residencia you must have a person with residencia (national or foreigner) to run company as administrator until you have residencia. This person must be 100% trustable as they will have sole access to your company bank accounts and business.

With owning property near beaches and borders I think things have changed since Portenos time. As I understand it now a foreigner cannot own property within 1km of the international land borders. However they are subject to same rules as nationals on coastal land. A foreigner (obviously with CPF no.) can own land or property on the coast - HOWEVER there is a law which states that the Brazillian Navy has rights on coastal land within a certain no. of metres. Also no building is legal within a certain number of metres from water line - i believe it is 8 or 12 metres. The Naval rule in effect means the navy can take or compulsorily purchase any coastal land.

This is not really a concern to most as I have heard of them forcing the cleaning up (shutting down of small bars and making smaller some of the out of control bars and general sprucing up) of beach bars in Joao Pessoa. Which was a good thing. But never actually seizing residential properties near the beach. I can only assume it would be of mild concern to people who lived near current naval installations or strategic ports etc.... where the navy could want to expand.
Old May 18th 2009, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

timatthebeach is an unknown quantity at this point

You can also buy a setup brazillian company to run a business and invest the necessary amount but be careful.

You will still need a person with residencia to act as administrator AND if the company has any outsanding debts they will become yours. This also applies to any business you buy - like a bar - if it has debts and you buy it they become yours.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.