Brazil

Old May 31st 2010, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

cazhoney has a brilliant futurecazhoney has a brilliant futurecazhoney has a brilliant futurecazhoney has a brilliant futurecazhoney has a brilliant futurecazhoney has a brilliant future
Default Re: Brazil

Originally Posted by kingbloke
Hi there. I am considering being a Wealth Consultant or Independent Financial Advisor in Sao Paulo. Do you know if there is a requirement there for Independent Financial Advice, mostly within the expat community, and how such people are recieved there ? Thanks, Stuart.
hi Stuart,

I am from Sao Paulo, and I don´t think you will have trouble finding jobs in your field, since Sao paulo is the largest financial center in Brazil.

I am sorry, but I don´t know about requirements, but a lot of people here work as personal financial advisors.
Old Dec 17th 2010, 1:33 am
Just Joined

BritExplorer is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Brazil

Originally Posted by kingbloke
Hi there. I am considering being a Wealth Consultant or Independent Financial Advisor in Sao Paulo. Do you know if there is a requirement there for Independent Financial Advice, mostly within the expat community, and how such people are recieved there ? Thanks, Stuart.
Hi Stuart,
I am a UK Adviser in a similar predicament to yourself. Considering your post was a few months ago, I wish to know if you'd be so kind as to let me know the outcome of your quest. I am hoping to set off in the new year. I have worked in an offshore environment in the past but it was an english speaking country as opposed to Brazil which has adopted portuguese as its official language. I do believe, however, that very soon it will become common knowledge that BRIC is indeed the way forward...
Kindly awaiting your response.
Cheers
Old Apr 4th 2011, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

ameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to all

Well, I'm just planning my next holidays, I'd like to hear your views on the best possible beach in Brazil, don't care much about the rest, just the beach (and swimmable sea of course).
Been studying some Portuguese but if it's a place where they can somehow understand English it'd make a lot of difference. Ta
Old May 31st 2011, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

Carioca is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cazhoney
hi Stuart,

I am from Sao Paulo, and I don´t think you will have trouble finding jobs in your field, since Sao paulo is the largest financial center in Brazil.

I am sorry, but I don´t know about requirements, but a lot of people here work as personal financial advisors.
To any and all finance related guys...

Really interested to hear how you started. Did you just dive in and see if you could swim? Or did you go with an expat job?

Wifey (Paulista) and I (born in Rio, but educated in UK -fluent portuguese) are thinking of moving back at the end of the year. My main target is expat roles in Rio (for me, Rio is a must - my family and friends are based there!!), although I know that Sao Paulo is the true economic superpower (trust me, my wife doesn't let me forget!).

I am a qualified accountant, with a few years financial controllership under my belt of a property company (appx GBP180m in size). Trying to test the temperature of the water before I dive in!!

Sao Paulo would be bearable if we could live around Granja Viana or somewhere similar & spacious.

to Caca - I played in the Pan Games in 2007! I was part of the very unseccesful Brazilian Hockey team! Unsuccesful, but an honor nonetheless.

While I know very little about finding work in Brazil, I do know a fair bit about Brazil right now -i.e. not all positive. Very expensive for starters!!

Anyway, extremely curious to hear how you started up, and what kind of level you were able to get started off with?

Thank you very much!
H