Argentina / Uruguay ? Opinions Please!

Old Nov 17th 2010, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

geoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nice
Default Re: Argentina / Uruguay ? Opinions Please!

Michelle

Sorry I missed your earlier enquiry. We went to Cura Brochero and Mina Clavero early last year and found that outside the summer season we could easily have found a villa to rent from 150 pesos per month. With inflation I suppose this might even be double now.

Tallis
PaysandĂș has a pleasant winter climate. One evening in mid-May I was in shirt-sleeves at the bus station at midnight, arriving at Buenos Aires at sunrise next morning I was in my polar gear.

I visited Salto once. It is definitely better class than Paysandu.

All summers in the region are suffocating.

You would not want to rent below the flooding line, and there are few properties that low down in any case. There is a marina at Paysandu. There is a small museum. There is a cinema in the small shopping mall. I got free treatment for a dogbite and also for a gash on the shin at the local hospital. Their patience ran thin after my sixth visit, but only because I was taking advantage of them when I could have bought medical insurance but was too mean to do so.

In the two years I lived in PaysandĂș I never met anybody British and I doubt if there is any kind of association there of the kind you suggest. The Germans have a consulate at Montevideo 1800 which occasionally throws garden parties, but probably only for Germans.

Let me know if any more questions about PaysandĂș. Am now permanent in Buenos Aires.