Argentina: Obtaining Residence and DNI

Old Sep 17th 2010, 10:00 am
Just Joined

volviendo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Argentina: Obtaining Residence and DNI

Wow, what a quick response, thank's
I will enter only with the passport, and solve the problem than.
I don't know the condition of my residencia, I have a DNI, and a number, and I got it when I was a child. I didn't know about this regulation and it's written nowhere.
I think there is no way to get this information here.
Thank's a lot
Old Sep 17th 2010, 10:02 am
Just Joined

I meant "here" in europe, not in the forum, because I really hope to get some info in this forum
Old Sep 17th 2010, 10:34 am
Just Joined

el rubio is an unknown quantity at this point

I should have mentioned that my DNI is for extranjeros (plum colour). Our children have green DNIs and I am not aware that the two-year restriction applies to them. The difference is that they have Argentine nationality (by virtue of their Argentine mother) whereas I have residence.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 10:41 am
Just Joined

i have this plump as well, para extranjeros. I'm german, no mercosur person.
We will see, para cada problema hay una solucion!
Old Sep 17th 2010, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

I was wondering, does somebody know something regarding the health test they ask for? do they need something from the doctor in your country?
Well if my residency is no valid anymore and I have to renew it, at least I want to have as much requirement fullfiled as possible....is that possible?
Thank's
Old Sep 20th 2010, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

geoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nice

VOLVIENDO

My own application, for "Residencia como Familiar de Hijo Argentino" under Ley 25871/Article 22, did not require me to undergo any kind of medical examination, nor even answer questions of a medical nature in the application. (About ten years ago,I remember, they used to want a medical examination and would send you to a doctor on their list, but I have the impression that the whole idea has been discontinued.)

GENERAL POSTING

Following my last posting two weeks ago, today 20 September 2010 I returned to Inmigración in the hope of receiving my DNI.

At Edificio 6 I was informed that the whereabouts of my DNI cannot be presently determined. I must come back in one month.

At Edificio 4 having no DNI I went to extend my Precaria for another three months. This was refused, "Residencia Precaria" means "Temporary Residence" and I have a DNI number and am entered in their computer system as a Permanent Resident of Argentina. No more Precaria.

Since the whereabouts of my DNI is undetermined, I went to Edificio 3 for advice, and was told to apply for a "Certificado Actualizado de Radicación". This means obtaining my turn by computer (30 September) and paying up 50 pesos on the day. This document may be a substitute for the DNI, if it allows me to open a bank account I shall allow the DNI to die a natural death.

At Edificio 6 I explained the problem of being forcibly "indocumentado". "Well then, Señor Brooks, when you come back in a month, you can commence a procedure of "Reclamo" with regard to the DNI." This sounds to me like a long-drawn out business with about the same prospect of success as I have of ever receiving the DNI, and probably at some stage would involve a litigation lawyer paid for out of my own pocket.

I shall keep this thread rolling. What else could possibly go wrong?
Old Sep 21st 2010, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

@ Geoffrey:

thank's for the info, I found this info in the net, but maybe it is only required for mercosur people..who knows.

Qué requisitos debo cumplir para obtener la residencia argentina?
Padres, conyuges e hijos de argentinos

· Documento que acredite identidad

· Partida de Nacimiento Visada en el Consulado Argentino del país de origen, y legalizado ante el Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores.

· Certificado judicial o policial de conducta o de antecedentes penales o policiales, de los países donde haya residido en los últimos cinco años.

· Ficha Médica (lo expide la autoridad sanitaria de su jurisdicción).

· Partidas que acrediten el vínculo con el familiar argentino (partida de nacimiento del hijo del ciudadano argentino, certificado de matrimonio).

· Documento de identidad del familiar argentino

I have another question regarding the passport continuity document. How does this document look? We have the same issue in Germany, new passport, new number ( in the maenwhile also letters) but nobody knows what's about when I refer to such a document, they can't understand that different numbers for some people means a different identity.
Still I have the inocent hope that my residence has not been cancelled so far.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

geoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nicegeoffreybrooks is just really nice

PASSPORT CONTINUITY

I obtained this document from the British Embassy in Buenos Aires. They did it while I waited. Take along all passports which you propose to mention in your application plus a fee which will be about 500 pesos (4 pesos=US$1).

The Certificado I have reads as follows:

"Certifico a pedido de (name in full) que los pasaportes británicos Nro...... vigente desde el (date) al (date), el Nro ........ vigente desde el (date) al (date) y Nro. ......., vigente desde el (date) al (date) demuestran una continuidad y están todos emitidos a su nombre.

El presente certificado se extiende a los efectos de ser presentado ante las autoridades de la Dirección Nacional de Migraciones u otra entidad que así lo requiera.

Otorgado en la Embajada Británica, Sección Consular, en Buenos Aires a (date).

Signature, Vicecónsul." Embassy Stamp.

If you obtain this document from your Embassy in Argentina, you now have to take the document to be legalized at Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores Argentino, Arenales 819, Capital, (nearest subte is San Martin, Linea C). The fee is about 50 pesos.

If you obtain this document in your own country you can have it legalized there at the Argentine Embassy or obtain an Apostille.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

VOLVIENDO

Where were you born? If you were born in Argentina and the birth was registered here you have Argentine nationality. The fact that both your parents are foreign nationals is irrelevant. (I am British, my daughter's mother is Peruvian and my daughter is Argentinian by virtue of being born in Argentina).
Even if your birth was not registered but you can prove you were born in Argentina, an immigration lawyer will resolve your problem.

If on the other hand you want to apply for Radicación based on having parents radicado in Argentina, you must be a minor and unmarried, according to the immigration brochure before me. Worse, the brochure says that a minor is less than 21 years of age, but since the brochure was issued eight months ago, the age of majority in Argentina has been lowered to eighteen, and so this avenue will probably be closed to you.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

@ Geoffrey,

Thank's for the passport continuity explanation. I will do it in Argentina, if neccesary, they simply don't understand why it is not clear that all these different numbers refer to the same person, and I have 5 passports...I think it will cost more than 500 pesos.
I was born in germany and I am german, no radicacion permanente law applies to me, even with the temporaria it's not easy, maybe the "especiales" I think , worst case scenario, I will have to speak to a judge, I'm foreseeing this. Or maybe not " no pasa nada che, esta todo bien"...maybe this applies to me.
Have a nice "comienzo de la primavera"
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

Today 22 October 2010 I went to Edificio 6 to see what progress they have made in tracing the whereabouts of my DNI. They say they have made two "Reclamos" and I must come back in three weeks if I have not received my DNI through the post by then.

I have obtained a Certificado de Radicación for 50 pesos. This document, 6x4 inches, gives my name, British passport number, date of birth, civil status, last date of entry into the country, and states that I am a permanent resident. Although it gives the immigration file number and the date when radicación was granted it does not provide the DNI number.

The only real use of this document is to prove my right of abode in Argentina, to allow me to purchase a return air ticket Argentina-UK-Argentina, and to prove to the British airport people that I have the right of entry into Argentina, or they will not let one fly without a return ticket UK-Argentina-UK.

I understand from the bank which I use to cash cheques that even a permanent resident cannot open a bank account in Argentina unless (1) he/she has a DNI and (2) a bill for utilities in his/her name to prove a permanent address.

Since I live in a family hotel, and have been there more than six years, the bank trusts me to change my cheques on sight but I cannot have a bank account. The rules on bank accounts might be less strict in Uruguay, and so I shall enquire on my next visit.
Old Nov 12th 2010, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

The OCA postman arrived at the door today with my DNI. To obtain it I was asked to produce a "papelito" issued by Inmigración. I know nothing of any such papelito. Therefore I have to go to the Registro on Jujuy 470 next week to claim the document. I have been to the Registro once before and undoubtedly this office will also want to see the "papelito".

If so, my only recourse will be to go back to Inmigración and attempt to find somebody who can retrieve my file and determine the status of the papelito.

I think I have had enough of attempting to obtain the DNI. Exactly what advantages the DNI has over the Certificado de Radicación plus passport I do not know but since the latter allows me to stay legally forever in Argentina, rent a house, change cheques, invest in plazo fijo, enter and leave the country without questions and so on I think I shall let matters slide if I run into a brick wall at Registro.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

MILNGAVIE is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't know what it was called but yes you have to show the receipt chit when your DNI is delivered. I have mine pinned to the wall in readiness for when my DNI arrives whenever that will be. I've been waiting months and months and months. I'll either keel over with shock or I'll have lost my marbles by then and have no clue as to what the delivery guy is talking about.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 3:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

Don't the Argentines have their own version of the 'La Mordida', when all else fails?
Old Nov 17th 2010, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

Today Wednesday 18 November 2010 I went to the Registro at Jujuy 468.

I showed my Constancia to get in.

The Constancia is a sheet of paper of A4 size with details of my application at the top in a strip about three inches deep. This identifies me and my application.

I had shown this Constancia to the OCA postman Sr. Boludo when he brought my DNI on Friday last, but he wanted a "papelito" to exchange for my DNI or he would not hand it over, and being an OCA postman he did not know what the "papelito" was called.

The Registro state that this OCA Sr. Boludo should have accepted the Constancia I offered, because if you cut off the top three inches of the Constancia you have a "papelito", but of course the entire Constancia is the same as the scissored off "papelito", and there is no requirement for anybody to cut off anything.

What type of training does OCA give its postmen? What type of mental level does one require to become an OCA postman?

Now I have to wait fifteen days for my DNI to be brought by another OCA señor whose name I do not presently know, and we shall see if this one is any brighter than the previous one.

MILNGAVIE

I am assuming you are in BsAs.

If you have been waiting months for your DNI you should go to Edificio 6, Avda Antártida. As you enter by the only doors, turn left and follow the wall to a queue of about twenty people lining up before a window with the placard "DNI Informes". You will be attended to within about 15 minutes. Give them some kind of identifying document, they will call your name when they have a result for you. If the answer is that your DNI is in the post, or some other unsatisfactory response, you must demand a RECLAMO because you believe they have lost it. They will attend to this and will probably tell you to come back in a month. After my second RECLAMO it was my misfortune for them to pass my DNI to OCA, but even though I still cannot have it, it does represent some kind of progress, I think.

Last edited by geoffreybrooks; Nov 17th 2010 at 5:22 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.