Anyone in Tijuana? Anyone at all?

Old Dec 6th 2017, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

pkennedy1990 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone in Tijuana? Anyone at all?

It was probably a bad idea to look for English teaching jobs here along the US border considering that this area is full of -- well, people who pick on anyone who speaks English, in this era of "Trump" and "the Wall" and all that, obvious resentment towards anyone who speaks English let alone came here thinking to teach it.

But is there anyone else here besides myself and the British Consulate? Or should I pose this question to THEM?

I KNOW I need to get down to Mexico City to do anything at all but at the moment I'm waiting for my replacement passport which these savages stole. It turns out the quickest way to get that replaced would be to go for a laissez-passé which is basically a one-way-back-to-London good for 6 months and also costs £100. So for £50 more I'm just going to have to WAIT several more weeks...
Old Dec 7th 2017, 2:21 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in Tijuana? Anyone at all?

Old Dec 7th 2017, 3:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in Tijuana? Anyone at all?

pk. Why is the local British Consulate so uncooperative? Some years ago my son lost his passport in Mexico (to a US savage, regrettably), and it was replaced within a week or ten days. Several weeks seems excessive.