Seeking work

  • Hi,

    I am looking for advise as I am currently looking for a job. My husband has a work permit here so I am here with him. Would any one offer some advice as where is the best place to look for a job?
  • Re: Seeking work
    Quote: Hi,

    I am looking for advice as I am currently looking for a job. My husband has a work permit here so I am here with him. Would any one offer some advice as where is the best place to look for a job?
    Temp agencies, hotels, restaurants, shops. I don't think there is a best place, just lots of places. The Friday papers always used to have lots of positions vacant. Have you got your resume ready?
  • Re: Seeking work
    Quote: Temp agencies, hotels, restaurants, shops. I don't think there is a best place, just lots of places. The Friday papers always used to have lots of positions vacant. Have you got your resume ready?
    Hi,

    Yeah. Resume is done, I am not feeling hugely positive. I will get the Friday paper. Do you think it could be an idea just to contact them directly.
  • Re: Seeking work
    Quote: Yeah. Resume is done, I am not feeling hugely positive. I will get the Friday paper. Do you think it could be an idea just to contact them directly.
    You haven't told us what line of business you're in, or what experience you have. If you've never worked anywhere before, then, yes, you will probably have a problem. If you've worked in an office, temp agencies would be the best.
  • Re: Seeking work
    I have a lot of different skills. I have experience in office work/ car sales executive/Salon & Spa Coordinator/ Fully qualified Hairstylist. I am looking to stay within Customer service role.

    Also is there any good places to meet new people?


    Quote: You haven't told us what line of business you're in, or what experience you have. If you've never worked anywhere before, then, yes, you will probably have a problem. If you've worked in an office, temp agencies would be the best.
  • Re: Seeking work
    Does your husband's work permit give you the right to work ?
  • Re: Seeking work
    Quote: Does your husband's work permit give you the right to work ?
    They don't have that concept in Cayman. You can be a dependent if OH earns enough but to work, you have to have your own permit. I have a permit app in at the moment just to go for a week's business trip.