School Issue!

Old Apr 26th 2014, 12:05 am
Just Joined

zoe292001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default School Issue!

Hi

Me, husband and 2 children (6 & 4) are looking into relocating to the Cayman Islands with my husbands job.

I have been looking into schooling for this September and contacted 2 schools which follow the british curriculum, but they are both full and have waiting lists.

I am currently at a loss and not sure what to do, as moving is something we really want to do.

Has anyone been in this situation before? Is there another option of some sort?

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 26th 2014, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: School Issue!

Zoe. All but one of the schools here follow the British curriculum. I'm out of the kids-education loop these days, but your man's employer ought to be able and willing to help you nail down a place. That's what employers are expected to do. Which schools did you try? And, when does the job begin?
Old Apr 26th 2014, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

zoe292001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your reply! My husbands employer are aiming for September at the moment based on our children starting a new school year, so I will definitely tell him to ask them for assistance with getting a place.

I have been in contact with Cayman Prep & High and also St Ignatius and they are both full
Old Apr 26th 2014, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zoe292001
I have been in contact with Cayman Prep & High and also St Ignatius and they are both full
Yes, they're the most popular of the private schools (by the way, expat children aren't allowed to attend government schools!), so it doesn't surprise me that they're fully booked. Even so, there may be vacancies, come September. As I said, I'm not in the game any more, but you shouldn't get in a sweat about it at this early stage. I wish you well.